Half price G3 Chuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

I got one of them a while ago, pretty sure the same deal, just make sure you check the adapter size where it screws onto the lathe, had to get a $25 adapter.

magpens

To me, that seems like a high price at Woodcraft for the G3 even at half off their regular price of $299.99 and you still might have to buy the adapter referred to above.

Of course, you do get the extra jaw sets specified in the ad.

I bought a G3 here in Canada today from kmstools.com.

The sale price I paid is $149.99 CDN including whichever adapter you need (eg. 3/4" x 16) ( value $20 ?) and also including a spur center (value $20 ?). Converting to USD that comes to $120.95 USD. . But I got only one jaw set (the normal set included in the box).

Did I get a bargain ? . Or should I have ordered from Woodcraft ? . Are the extra jaw sets worth the extra $$ ?

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
To me, that seems like a high price at Woodcraft for the G3 even at half off their regular price of $299.99 and you still might have to buy the adapter referred to above.

Of course, you do get the extra jaw sets specified in the ad.

I bought a G3 here in Canada today from kmstools.com.

The sale price I paid is $149.99 CDN including whichever adapter you need (eg. 3/4" x 16) ( value $20 ?) and also including a spur center (value $20 ?). Converting to USD that comes to $120.95 USD. . But I got only one jaw set (the normal set included in the box).

Did I get a bargain ? . Or should I have ordered from Woodcraft ? . Are the extra jaw sets worth the extra $$ ?

That pkg deal for $150 is a good price if you need all or most of the jaws that come with it. I bought one a little over a year ago at the same sale price.

However, once you buy one pkg, it's better to just wait until WC runs a sale on the standard G3 w/50mm jaws. They periodically have them on sale for $80 (add another $18 for the insert).

jennera

We ordered one Tuesday as our WC had sold out.

Glad to hear we got a fairly good deal. My husband has been keeping an eye out for awhile on them since Rebecca wants to try turning bowls.

My Dad loaned her a gouge but we will need to invest in more turning tools soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
We ordered one Tuesday as our WC had sold out.

Glad to hear we got a fairly good deal. My husband has been keeping an eye out for awhile on them since Rebecca wants to try turning bowls.

My Dad loaned her a gouge but we will need to invest in more turning tools soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The WC sale prices for G3 chucks are hard to beat. About the only way to get a better price is to buy a gently used G3 from an individual. The G3 is a really nice chuck - I think you'll enjoy it.

Top Bottom