Had lunch with my daughter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
Although we had a very nice lunch with our daughter and son-in-law, and it's always great to see them, they gave me some great news.

I was unable to find the pen kits I really wanted on Black Friday, but I've been told that Santa has some on the way. Along with the pen kits, I will be getting some various materials and tools to go with them, but something I never expected... they ordered a brand new Jet lathe.
They found the catalogs/magazines that I've been circling items in and making notes as to my needs and wants. So, I might get to start making some pens by Christmas. Guess who will be getting my first two acceptable pens?

They wanted to surprise at Christmas, but they knew I was losing interest in my quest to make a pen, so they thought the news would cheer me up and keep my interest in making a pen. I was completely surprised to say the least and now I'm excited beyond words.

I'm sure I will have many questions for the experts.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
That's how I got into this addiction... I admired a bowl in an art gallery and mentioned to my wife that I thought it would be nice to be able to do things like that... no intention of any thing other than to admire the bowl... she called my son and said I wanted a lathe for Christmas... he brought a Ridgid from Home Depot and we made a pen in the garage that day... it was too fast to do bowl though... lowest speed was 750 rpm. I made a lot of pens on it though until he gave me his little Jet....

Terredax

Banned
Yes, they are great kids. I couldn't ask for better and I'm extremely proud of them.
It's supposed to be the parents that help the kids, but they have done for us much more than we deserve.

I will get some photos of the stuff when they bring it over. They didn't say if I would have to wait until Christmas, but either way, I have something to look forward to and will enjoy it knowing where it came from.

flyitfast

After you get those great gifts can I adopt them for next Christmas??
That is a great set of gifts from your kids. Mine have been generous over the years and my wife and I have been very greatful for the adults they became.
Merry Christmas to you and the blessings in your life.
Gordon

dthayer

That's awesome! I'm going to have to start circling things in catalogs and leave them lying around! :wink:

They sound like great kids. The best gifts are always the ones you didn't expect and it shows a lot of caring on the part of the kids to come up with something like that!

Merry Christmas and ENJOY!

Top Bottom