Had a flash back moment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Was looking through some photos of some past pens i made and ran across this one. It was a funky looking blank that I had gotten somewhere and do not remember. But I made this about 8 years ago. I was doing a show and this women came over to my table and she started getting mad at herself and i asked her what the matter was. She said she wishes she saw my table first.

She bought a pen from some other person at the show and now she had seen mine and this one in particular. She stood there looking for about 10 minutes and walked away. I thought that was the last I would see of her. About an hour later she returned. She told me the story that she tried to return the pen she bought but the person did not want to do that and offered her an exchange. She did not like what else he had. To make a long story longer:) just kidding, I sold her this pen and 2 others and gave her a great price and in exchange I took the other pen also. It only was another cigar pen but I took it apart and used the parts. The blank was an ordinary piece of oak.

The moral of the story was that this blank to me was not very appealing and thought i would have that in my inventory for the longest time. But it was a very short stay because i had just made that pen 2 days prior. You never know what will sell and what won't. If you could have seen the look on her face when she saw my table the first time it was priceless. :biggrin: One of those flashback moments

Oh yea the pen

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I think there is more than just tobacco in that psychedelic (sp?) cigar!!:bulgy-eyes:
I also think you are suffering from the same problem as me.....
..... I have some free time, right now, but just can't seem to get motivated...:redface:

I have DCBluesman's Autism jigsaw pen to make, but I'm struggling with getting a unique idea for it. I need to put it aside for a bit till the 'time is right' or I'll just end up ruining it.

I think I just need to get in my shop, put some music on and clean up the place.....that normally works for me....:rolleyes:

jttheclockman

Yea Skip same here. I was looking for the photo of the ruined pen topic and happened to come across this photo and it brought back memories of that show.

Right now I am in the midst of selling my Mom's house. just got done with some repairs and it is in the hands of the realtor. My next adventure is to get my lawn in shape. Got 3 tons of top soil in that needs to be spread and all the bare patches addressed because of the dry hot weather of last year. work is never done. I promise i will find some shop time. I owe a lot of people some amazing pens here. Have been bragging about all my ideas but i need to put into action because as the saying goes here no photos it did not happen.

All in due time. :)

Top Bottom