Hacked

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
I tried to connect to "Exotic Blanks" web site ,got a message server was hacked :( any more info on this ,I tried a search of forums ,but nothing found , cheers ~ John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Im afraid I got the same screen. Looks like they are off the air until the server can sort it out.

wizard

What the heck....that is truly weird. I get the same thing. My LCD started to flicker on top of that...???

alphageek

Former Moderator
Well folks, here is the good news and the bad news.
--- The good news - this is a kiddie script and all it can do is replace your index.php file on a web server. The good news is that this script does not give the hackers any access to the web site itself and thus no danger to any data stored there. This script has hit a many web servers including some of the biggest hosting sites.
--- The bad news - this is going all over, so if you have any php based web site (pretty much EVERY web site that isn't just plain pages is php) then you need to check your site to be sure you haven't been hit and check the fix below to make sure you don't get hit.

--- THE FIX ... if you haven't gotten this yet, make sure that the permissions on your index.php is 444 (if you don't know how to do this, check with your provider but the key is that your index.php should be read only). If you have gotten hit, replace your index.php with a backup copy and change the permissions.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just a quick note to let all our customers know we do NOT store credit information on the database. Your credit card is processed by a service that we pay for, they transfer the allotted amount to pay for your order, to us.

ZanderPommo

Good luck Ed! Its a shame we have to live in a world of thieves, and I'm sure you're busy as hell trying to get this fixed, (if it isnt already, I've been able to get on all day:confused:)
Have a great weekend

Just a quick note to let all our customers know we do NOT store credit information on the database. Your credit card is processed by a service that we pay for, they transfer the allotted amount to pay for your order, to us.

cwolfs69

i got on the site about 8:30 PM and it worked fine. had seen the hacked site early yesterday. ordered my stuff, checked out, got confirmation emails this am, etc. looks like back up and working just great.

043Turning

just tried to click on the site NOW !! and get the follwoing

Error code 403 Please contact the system administrator.

Is this what others were getting or is this a new problem - Happy to discuss this off line

P.S Going thru google Cache shows the site fine until you click off the page and the 403 Error comes back

Mark

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
mark its working fine for me :) you may need to clear your browser cache as it may be calling up old pages , cheers John

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
A 403 error is a blocked page message. I would contact Ed4Copies or PR_Princess through PM to see what the issue may be.

From wikipedia:

In the HTTP protocol used on the World Wide Web, 403 Forbidden is an HTTP status code returned by a web server when a user requests a web page or media that the server does not allow them to. In other words, the server can be reached, but the server declined to allow access to the page

Top Bottom