Hacked

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
Our credit card was hacked last night.

Fortunately, my wife received a notification of a purchase and checked on it. It wasn't anything she had bought and noticed the delivery address. She acted quickly and locked the credit card. She contacted the business and the credit company and was able to get everything resolved.
She went back to check her account, and during the time she was on the phone, they tried to charge more items.
They will be disappointed when their packages do not arrive.

The address they gave is to a warehouse, and the name they used was obviously fake.
Be aware of these criminals.

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Yesterday I saw 3 back to back charges on the 9th to my account from an amazon store. Called Amazon and they finally determined someone had set up an amazon pay account using my name and cc number but not my email. They froze the account my and I notified the bank and shut the card down.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Woodchipper

When in CA a few years ago, we had three ATM withdrawals on our credit card. Was at a convenience store in Fresno. We were never in Fresno. The CC rep caught it and called us. Cleared up and issued a new card.

Also, File your taxes early as I had three attempts to file taxes under my inf...all likely from the person using variations of the same name. Luckily I had filed early and they were refused. But I had to file 3 police reports and get a credit lock which is totally inconvenient, though not as big a mess as if they had successfully filed.

RKB

I understand your pain:

I had my credit card info stolen recently after a road trip for an out of state family gathering. I think it was stolen at a restaurant where they take your card and bring it back to the table with the receipt for signature. It was a major hassle. I will now only pay in cash, when the wait staff collects the payment at the table...... It feels like Grift has become accepted as normal these days....rant off.

Terredax

Banned
This was the first time this has happened to us.
We normally use cash for everything, except those items that have to be ordered over the internet because lack of local availability.
Sometimes, we have to use the card for medications with the high cost.

I'm glad it was caught quickly and resolved without issue. I'm also glad that these thieves will not be receiving their stolen merchandise. There is a special place for this type of individual.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Top Bottom