Gush Day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

My late father in law used to say that he was having a gush day if things were not going well. While recovering from a hangover and a lecture from my mother in law (who was well practiced in delivering lectures) my father in law was walking out to get the newspaper one Sunday morning and stepped into a pile of freshly deposited dog crap. He was barefooted and the dog crap "gushed" up between his toes. So from that day forth his bad days were coined gush days.

I had something of a gush day moment while trying to do an alumilite cast this morning. I carefully weighed out my parts a and b. I dropped one of the cups when I went to pick it up. I cleaned up my mess and poured and weighed a second cup. I then poured it into another cup filled with clear liquid and immediately realized that I had poured it into a cup of water that I had used to measure the volume of my mold. Completely frustrated at this point, I poured and weighed another cup. I mixed in my dyes and made a very nice looking pour. I put it under pressure feeling like I had salvaged my cast. Later when I opened the pressure pot I discovered that it had not set. Yep, you got it I switched up my bottles at some point and mixed part b with part b.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Great story Cody!
Yup, we all have those moments...or days now and then.

About a week ago, I was starting up the pond fountain in our neighborhood after the freezing cold temps, and decided to do a little more for the 'hood. I had my pruning saw in the van so I trimmed several low hanging branches from a tree near the pond/sidewalk. Branches trimmed, I stacked them by the curb and got my trailer to load them. That is when I found that I had been "Gushed"...I seemed to have stepped in the largest pile of dog stuff around. It squeezed out from both sides of my work boot and found its way into every nook and cranny on my boots by the time I had found it. Bummer.....a bucket of water and a scrub brush remedied the nastiness.
So, I am Mr. Nice Guy and do something good for the 'hood and that is my thanks....

OZturner

Sorry Cody, but I couldn't stop having a laugh.

You have proved the Old Adage "That there are some Days that you should just spend in Bed".

I can visualize my doing just what you went through, or it could have been a script for "The Three Stooges", except that you would have to have played three roles.

At the final discovery, Pray tell, Did you then pour half of the B +B Pigmented, into a measured part "A", and eventually Save the Day, like the "Lone Ranger", or like your name sake William Cody.

I trust that I am laughing with You, It is nice to see that you are Human after all.
Kindest regards my Friend.
Brian.,

Cwalker935

Sorry Cody, but I couldn't stop having a laugh.

You have proved the Old Adage "That there are some Days that you should just spend in Bed".

I can visualize my doing just what you went through, or it could have been a script for "The Three Stooges", except that you would have to have played three roles.

At the final discovery, Pray tell, Did you then pour half of the B +B Pigmented, into a measured part "A", and eventually Save the Day, like the "Lone Ranger", or like your name sake William Cody.

I trust that I am laughing with You, It is nice to see that you are Human after all.
Kindest regards my Friend.
Brian.,

I don't mind you having a laugh. I laugh at my self all the time. After all if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? As for being human, if there is any truth to the adage "to err is human" I am very human.

Curly

Great story Cody!
Yup, we all have those moments...or days now and then.

About a week ago, I was starting up the pond fountain in our neighborhood after the freezing cold temps, and decided to do a little more for the 'hood. I had my pruning saw in the van so I trimmed several low hanging branches from a tree near the pond/sidewalk. Branches trimmed, I stacked them by the curb and got my trailer to load them. That is when I found that I had been "Gushed"...I seemed to have stepped in the largest pile of dog stuff around. It squeezed out from both sides of my work boot and found its way into every nook and cranny on my boots by the time I had found it. Bummer.....a bucket of water and a scrub brush remedied the nastiness.
So, I am Mr. Nice Guy and do something good for the 'hood and that is my thanks....

Charlie you can be thankful you didn't get in the car and drive that trailer home before discovering the brown.

We've all been there in one form or another Cody.

Top Bottom