Grizzly T25920 - 12" x 18" Variable-Speed Wood Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

Does anyone know anything about this lathe?

12" x 18" Variable-Speed Wood Lathe | Grizzly Industrial

I was looking for a dial indicator and decided to look at their wood lathes and found this one.

The one thing that I noticed is it is almost a spitting image of my HF 10X18 lathe except for the difference in the height of the turning radius.

I liked the fact that it is VS event though you have to change the belt position and the motor is a 3/4 hp motor.

Any feed back would be appreciated.

Don't know anything about this lathe, nor any of the Grizzly's for that matter, but from reviews and comments of fellow turners, they're not a bad lathes.

My only concern is that in my opinion, it's basically a spindle lathe... fine for turning pens and bottle stoppers as they turn at high speed, but if you ever want to do bowls, you will have to start with an already round, balanced blank as the bottom speed is too fast to start an out of balance blank safely.... it can be done, but I prefer to start a little slower until I get the blank round.

I use a JET 1442 with a bottom speed of 450 and even that is too fast for some of the blanks I start with...

Top Bottom