Grizzly catalog

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

BTW, anybody knows a way to sweeten their deal more? I mean, do they go on sale on a particular date, do they have savings coupons offered somewhere, etc.?

Thank you,

Tom McMillan

Yup!!!! My new Grizzly catalog made it---fantastic---fun to browse & drool a bit over stuff (this is always one huge book!!). Not sure about coupons---occasionally I get flyers about some sales, and I know they have tent sales at their sites a couple times a year (unfortunately I haven't been to one yet---I live quite a ways from Bellingham, WA darn it). You can click on details for their tent sales from their website. Also, they do have a discontinued merchandise website I think you can click on from their regular website www.grizzly.com & you can click on their President's specials there too.

tipusnr

I got mine yesterday as well. Don't know where the "so little money" idea comes from! You guys must have a lot more disposable income than I do!!

Dario

Originally posted by tipusnr
<br />I got mine yesterday as well. Don't know where the "so little money" idea comes from! You guys must have a lot more disposable income than I do!!

Maybe but I doubt that [;)]

Rifleman1776

Got mine too. Lotsa new items. Their new, big, REALLY BIG, lathe is something else. 2hp, 20X63" with 24" over gap, electronic VS. Has standard spindle. Gonna give the European expensive jobbies a run for the money. They have two models that look better than my 1067 but cost less. Still trying to figger that one out. They also now carry Timberwolf bandsaw blades. I'm drooling too.

angboy

You might want to consider amazon for some grizzly tools. They seem to have the same prices for the most part (like recently I looked at the bandsaws from grizzly that everyone was raving about and they were the same as grizzly's website prices). Plus amazon often has free shipping on tool items, and I imagine grizzly may charge shipping? But even better, amazon often has coupons for discounts in their tools and hardware dept. They had one that just ended on 12/29 that was for $50 off a $250 purchase and they often have ones for $25 off a $199 purchase. I was able to get my lathe delivered free by amazon several months ago and it was by far the cheapest from there, with a coupon I used and thei price matching everyones else's. I'll try to remember to post any coupons I see for the tools department- I frequent a website that they are usually posted on!

Dario

I checked and it seems like Amazon is only a listing agent and you still have to go through Grizzly to buy their products.

This is the item I am drooling at:

G0513X 17" 2 HP Extreme Series Bandsaw
http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2006/main/79
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.aspx?itemnumber=G0513X

angboy

Oops, sorry Dario- I see what you mean since it says the grizzly items are sold by and ship from grizzly. I wonder if the coupons might still work when they're available though? it'd be worth a try. I've bought Jet and Delta products from them and used coupons, free shipping, and amazon gift certificates on those, but it does look like the grizzly products may be handled differently. [V]

Dario

Angela,

Thank you for trying to help, I appreciate it.

You may be on something and it is worth verifying. I'll probably call and check Amazon later if their coupons will be honored on Grizzly products...every penny counts [;)]

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by agfox
<br />
Originally posted by Rifleman
<br /> Their new, big, REALLY BIG, lathe is something else.

Yeah, it's something else alright.. (no offense to you Frank), but before anyone gets too excited you can read this thread over at woodnet where we talk about it. Seems they missed the target a bit...

Nathan

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbth...&Number=2091223&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=

Yep. Those guys make some good points. Odd ball spindle size, no center opening on the spindle, and a rather 'fast' low speed considering the size hunks of wood it will likely be called on to turn. With their resources, one has to wonder why Grizzly wouldn't engineer out obvious problems.

JHFerrell

Tom...have been to the tent sale in Bellingham a couple of times. Got some great deals. You have to get there early though. We got in line at about 6:30AM and there were probably 200 people in from of us. By the time the gates opened at 8:00 there were probably 1000 people or so in line. Well worth it though. Got a brand new floor model bandsaw, 14 inch for $275.00. Absolutely love it!

skewzdust

New grizzly catalog?! I may have to take the next few days off, just to make sure it makes it between my mailbox and house. For some reason I never got the last couple of catalogs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom