Great day of turning knowledge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I'm fortunate enough to have the priviledge of belonging to the Western Ohio Woodworkers Assoc., one of the largest groups of it's kind. Our members include the likes of the late and great George Reid, Scott Phillips (PBS's American Woodshop), and turners like Judy Ditmer. Most of the time we deal with flat work issues, but today at our first annual meeting it was all about turning. Lowell Converse (Master Turner) started the day with discussion and demo of various turnings, styles and techniques. He did a green turned natural edge bowl from Bradford Pear in about 15 minutes. He also demonstrated his segmented bowl technique. This is an example of the kind of work he does. This segmented bowl was done from plywood!

2005101612342_lowellbowl_plywood.jpg

Judy (author of "Basic Turning with Judy Ditmer") talked about design and art in turning and was very inspirational. Here is an example of one of her wall sculptures.

2005101612538_jditmer1.jpg

And one of her bowls. She had this one with her today.

2005101612743_jditmer3.jpg

Learned much and am all fired up. :D Like I needed more fuel to this fire says LOML. [:p] Man, what a day! I just had to share... and gloat a little. [}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom