It was a great day, out of this world even.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Today was a day to give and receive. I was blessed with the opportunity to give one of the pens I fashioned to Major General Charles Bolden, head of NASA. He has been to space 4 separate times! The occasion?

He was the commencement speaker at my Doctoral graduation today. And because the pen was made from wood that had grown on the campus, the President gives away one of my pens to the speaker as a gift. And he asked me to present the pen!

Then a few moments later, I recieved one of the first two earned doctorates from the university. So yeah, today has been amazing and I just needed to share with some amazing folks the wonderful news.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wyone

congratulations.. I do not have a Doctorate, but was married to someone who worked on hers, so I understand the work and dedication needed. You should be proud of that first.. and the pen as well. What an amazing day you EARNED

SteveJ

Congratulations! The dedication and study to make it a reality are all with it. Even if people never call you doctor but continue to call you pastor, you know and they know that you have coupled your call to pastor with you dedication to scholarship. Well done.

Does this mean you will be back to pen making?

hewunch

Picture and Video

Here is a picture

Pen_Presentation.jpg

I'm the tall guy on the left, the president of the University is holding the pen on the right and the NASA Gen. Bolden is over the President's right shoulder.

Now if you want to watch the presentation go to livestream.com and search for AU 2015 Spring Commencement. The intro to the speech starts at 48:30 (it is a good speech by the way). The pen presentation starts at 1:17. I walk at 1:24.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. And yes Chuck, I hope to make some more soon. :)

hewunch

Congratulations! The dedication and study to make it a reality are all with it. Even if people never call you doctor but continue to call you pastor, you know and they know that you have coupled your call to pastor with you dedication to scholarship. Well done.

Does this mean you will be back to pen making?

This is so true. Thank you. I never did this for the title. I hope that the only thing that changes is my effectiveness.

Top Bottom