A great daughter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Is one that knows what to do and when to do it. This is our 2nd year of empty nesting and our 4th year in Ohio away from the rest of our family. Four of our five kids live in Texas (home) as does the rest of our family. We usually drive down every other year for Christmas and this will be one of those years. However, Thanksgiving is another story. Neither of us has the time and we just can't afford to fly down for Thanksgiving and it would hurt someone's feelings since we could only go one place. As a result, we resigned ourselves to staying here, and this year it would be just the two of us. Last year, our youngest son came up from Camp Lejeune so LOML was in fair spirits. This year he is in Iraq so that is not possible. I think this combination of things has really been getting to her. She has been really down, mopey and even cried some.

Well, last week our daughter in the Woodlands (Houston area) surprised us w/plane tickets to Houston for the holiday. We leave tomorrow AM (early) and come back Sunday. LOML is extatic... oh yeah, I'm excited too! And most (if not all) of the kids will be joining us there at some point during the weekend. Life is good! :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Billy,
I hope you and your wife have a wonderful Thanks Giving with the kids in north Houston!
Congrats on raising such a fantastic daughter.

rtjw

Great to hear Billy. My kids arent even close to grown but I dont like being away from them at all. I dont know what I am going to do when the leave the house.

Glad you all are going to have a good thanksgiving now.

Dario

Nice story...I agree, you are very lucky with your kids and has all the right to be proud. :)

PS...good parenting helped a lot too so give yourself and your wife a pat in back...heck while you're at it give her a hug [;)]

Texas Taco

Great to hear this Billy. But be forwarned - the temps have only been getting up into the mid-60's these past few days so dress accordingly [:D]

I'll be spending Thanksgiving in The Woodlands too. The only difference, I'll be working.

Happy Thanksgiving.

alamocdc

Originally posted by Hemibee
<br />Great to hear this Billy. But be forwarned - the temps have only been getting up into the mid-60's these past few days so dress accordingly [:D]

I'll be spending Thanksgiving in The Woodlands too. The only difference, I'll be working.

Happy Thanksgiving.

First, thanks to all for the well wishes. I wish a very, and safe, Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends here at IAP!

Tony, I'm sorry to hear that you have to work. Those temps will be a welcome change to what we've had up here of late. And it's not supposed to get out of the 20's Thursday and Friday. BURRR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom