Gotta Love SWMBO.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bob Wemm

I have been working on a pen blank this week, the first time for probably 12 months, and had not such a good day, there were blow-outs and a few other things that I won't let on about. :eek:

Eventually I got my blank repaired and sanded down to size and just needed the Nylon Anti CA bushes, which were put away safely last time I used them.

After searching through all my pen kit containers, all the blank containers, climbing up so I could see the shelf where all my Pen stuff is kept, there was still no sign of the bushes.

By now the air was starting to warm up and my Darling Lady came to see what the problem was. I explained what I had been searching for, and told her that they would most likely be in a small zip-lock bag. She pointed across my bench and indicated that they would probably be in that bag on the other shelf.

So, I took the bag and "THERE THEY WERE". HOT DANG.:biggrin:

I don't know if I would survive without her.

Bob.:redface:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

My wife is very organized and I am very unorganized. I do my turning in the garage which is a shared space. She loves to organize my stuff when I am not looking. Problem is we think totally differently and she does not recognize my tools by name. Her thought process for sorting stuff is completely alien to me, so we have some lively discussions where I am trying to describe what I am looking for. Often times she will hand me something that is completely unrelated. I think she does this to either drive me crazy or to show that I need her. As for the latter, she should know that I couldn't live without her.

robutacion

I have been working on a pen blank this week, the first time for probably 12 months, and had not such a good day, there were blow-outs and a few other things that I won't let on about. :eek:

Eventually I got my blank repaired and sanded down to size and just needed the Nylon Anti CA bushes, which were put away safely last time I used them.

After searching through all my pen kit containers, all the blank containers, climbing up so I could see the shelf where all my Pen stuff is kept, there was still no sign of the bushes.

By now the air was starting to warm up and my Darling Lady came to see what the problem was. I explained what I had been searching for, and told her that they would most likely be in a small zip-lock bag. She pointed across my bench and indicated that they would probably be in that bag on the other shelf.

So, I took the bag and "THERE THEY WERE". HOT DANG.:biggrin:

I don't know if I would survive without her.

Bob.:redface:

Well, I think the same about my wife but, I don't think I would be so lucky in having her to point out the location of anything in the work-shop or lolly-pop shed, I'm like you, put things is such safe places that, I never remember where I put them so, you are lucky, my friend...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

I'm kinda like a squirrel... I put things away so I won't lose them, then forget where I put them... just like a squirrel hiding his nuts... so I've developed a habit of always putting a tool in the same place, every time I use it....

But I was sorting and replacing my turning tools in their appropriate slots yesterday... got done and noticed one empty slot... couldn't find the tool anywhere, until I started to adjust my glasses... there was that missing tool, in my other hand.... probably a good thing I only have two.

edicehouse

My wife only comes to my shed when she is telling me she is going shopping... So I can't blame her when I can not find something, it must be the occasional snake or mouse that gets in there....

However after she leaves I go in to make something to eat, and can not find anything. Over 10 years something will be in the same place, but all a sudden without warning she moves it into the laundry room in the back of some shelf..... I think she laughs as soon as she leaves.

Top Bottom