Got my new Drill Press

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmaker134

I went to Hartville and bought the nova voyager dvr 18" drill press full size and
hooked it up today got the latest firmware installed and runs smooth and quite.

Drilled my holes straight which was nice and drilled them really smooth in my opinion it was worth it.

I will post a picture soon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I went to Hartville and bought the nova voyager dvr 18" drill press full size and
hooked it up today got the latest firmware installed and runs smooth and quite.

Drilled my holes straight which was nice and drilled them really smooth in my opinion it was worth it.

I will post a picture soon

Nice! We'll be looking for some nicely drilled blanks :wink:.

Have fun.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Just watched the video for the machine - Wow, that looks sweet! The 6" quill extension would be very nice.

penmaker134

its very nice maybe one day you can come down and try it in person and if I
don't decide to slap the kits and blanks together I will try to remember to
take pics of the holes in the blanks :biggrin:

David350

Hi Adam, congratulations on your DVR drill. I bought mine a few months ago and love it. I built a table top jig that sits on top of the drill table. I started with 2 sides then added the last 2 sides one at a time to fit snugly around the drill table. I then centered the self-centering blank holder (Woodcraft) to a drill bit in the drill chuck. By taking the time to build this jig, I can now be set up to drill accurately in just a few seconds. I hope this helps you. David

Capture.jpg

RobS

Awesome!!!!!

Been drooling over that one, especially with the 6" travel. Good purchase. Hope you drill some long boys soon. That baby is perfect for that.

moke

I have had my eye on that one since it came out, I still haven't jumped yet. Let us know more as you use it what you think. The only thing that is holding me up is it looks kind of short...or is it me?

David350

Hi Mike, I thought the same thing that the unit appears short at first. I just measured mine and it is about 70 inches tall. I think since the top of the unit is slim due to the lack of pulleys with the DVR motor, it gives the appearance that it is short. David

More4dan

Just be careful to unplug it when not in use especially if a storm is in the forecast. I looked at a used Nova DVR lathe for sale that wasn't working when I went to pick it up. It had been working previously but had been left plugged in through a weekend of thunderstorms. The speed control boards had been fried and were over $400 to replace. Needless to say I passed on it. The DVR motor is very impressive otherwise.

Top Bottom