good service from Woodcraft

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

A little over a year ago I purchased an 8", 80 grit blue sharpening wheel from Woodcraft. It has always run rough and made the table it was mounted on vibrate. I always blamed the very old Craftsman motor it was mounted on. So, after more than a year, I got tired of that and decided to switch to another motor. Same vibrations. Third motor, same. Conclusion, wheel is defective, not flat and/or not round. Called Woodcraft tech support, explained situation, he switched me to customer service. Nice lady, Jan, said problem is rarely with motor and they do occasionally get a bad wheel. Even though I was beyond one year warranty they would exchange and even pick up return shipping. Two days later new wheel arrived, runs smooth. They didn't have to do it. I call that good service. Thanks Woodcraft.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Czarcastic

Frank:
Glad to hear you got good service from them. I know I always do! And that's why I keep going back there, even though I know I can get a lot of what they sell for a little less over the internet. For me, good customer service and a knowledgeble staff goes a long way!

PenWorks

If you buy big heavy stuff, their shipping charges are great. They trucked my new lathe to me for $20.00 and since I ordered some other stuff that was in stock the same day, they shipped that for free, by Fed Ex which was about 100 lbs [:)]

M

Mudder

I like Woodcraft.

I go to my local Woodcraft about once a month and I have spent enough that I get a discount every time. Sometimes Employee and other times 10%. They are not the cheapest but the service is great.

mick

I'll make the trip to Woodcraft just to look at stuff ....sometimes I like to see and hold things I buy....lol. Most of the time I'll buy one or two of an item I don't have time to wait to be shipped, but I do save my big orders for BB and CSUSA most of the time.

BTW I did buy my JET mini there. 10% off and no shipping....lol

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I wish my "local" Wooddcraft(one hour and 45 minutes one way) had service and employees like you guys are experiencing.
They lost my buisness when the manager stated that my pens don't look like the ones in the catalogues.
When I told him a lot of people were experimenting with kit designs, materials he told me I was wrong.(he had never heard of the IAP and the store was BIG into penturning.)
I know I didn't put a dent in their profits but I didn't set foot in that store or buy anything from that WC for a year.
It's O.K.,that was a year ago and I have been able to buy a lot more for my money on the net and deal with great suppliers.
Glad your experiences are good ones guys.

Rifleman1776

How he said it could mean a lot. But, after seening your pens, that sounds like a compliment to me. If he was a jerk, you were justified in not returning. I do my Woodcraft purchasing by mail order. Grizzly and Wal-Mart are my only sources for 'stuff' in person. p.s. almost forgot Home Depot but I don't trade there except as a source of last resort and with great reluctance.

btboone

I just got a new dust collector from them with the high efficiency filter. It beats the pants off the old one I had with the fabric bag. They helped me load it in the car. Good thing I went by myself! [:)]

Woodbutcher68

There were three Woodcraft stores in the Chicago area, but the one closest to me closed. The others are well over an hour away. I have heard that there will be one opening in Northwest Indiana within a year.
Woodcraft sent me some info a few years back asking me to consider opening a store here. They wanted me to have about $250,000.00 in liquid assets. (It's higher now.) If I could only remember where I buried those coffee cans in the yard, I could do it!

53Jim

When I go into my local WoodCraft store, they all know me by name, they can't spell the last name, but they know it. I was in there shortly after my birthday, just looking, when one of the salesmen came from the classroom with a peice of orange cocobolo (1 inch thick X 8 inches wide X 6 inches long). He handed it to me and said Happy Birthday.

I never have a problem exchanging defective pen kits (click style) even without a receipt.

I enjoy the visits to WoodCraft, so does the missus, which means I get toys a little more often, even when I don't deserve them.[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom