Good recovery!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wudnhed

Hi Guys, haven't been around much but check-in on you frequently. Many of you might remember I had back surgery in Aug. Pretty sure it was a complete success but have to wear my fiberglass "girdle" until Jan. It's soooo attractive!!! I have done many things to keep me busy, crafts for X-Mas, crossword puzzles, feeding a DROPPED OFF unweened kitten and ,YES, we kept him. Most importantly, we had another granddaughter about a week ago, another grandson due in Dec. and another granddaughter due in Feb. Yeah, we're busy and the kids are making us older by the minute. It's all Good!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Hello, Becca. Sounds like the family is indeed growing. Just think in three months the kitten may also add to the family size. :eek: Pretty soon you all (y'all) just may need to pack up and move to larger quarters. Hopefully all goes well for you and the back will be completely healed and will allow you to chase all the 'little ones' around.

You take danged good care of yourself and it sure is good to hear from you! :biggrin:

Woodlvr

Hi Becca, good to hear from you. I thought Grandkids kept us younger, not really. Our 23mo old going on 9 grandson keeps us going more than the 5 granddaughters. Take care of yourself. My back surgery is scheduled for the 2nd week in Dec unless I change my mind.

CaptG

Welcome back Becca. You would not be planning on casting parts of that girdle to make memory pens out of would you? lol. Good to have you back.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome back Becca ! Be careful in whatever you do . One surgery is enough . Have everyone sign your girdle !! :redface::biggrin:

Ozzy

Hey Becca, good to see you again....well, you know what I mean. Glad everything went well with your back and I hope you have a quick and full recovery. Good luck with the grandkids and congradulations. I know how you feel about the kitten, we had a momma cat give birth to four kittens in one of our trees and now we have five cats.

wudnhed

Hi Becca, good to hear from you. I thought Grandkids kept us younger, not really. Our 23mo old going on 9 grandson keeps us going more than the 5 granddaughters. Take care of yourself. My back surgery is scheduled for the 2nd week in Dec unless I change my mind.

Thanks you all for the kind thoughts.

Mike, if your confident with your surgeon don't change your mind. It was the best thing I ever did. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't do it again unless absolutely needed but my back feels great. No more moaning and groaning when bending, sitting, sleeping, walking, well.....you get the picture.

I went to a surgeon is San Diego, Dr. Soumekh, excellent surgeon but no beside manner what so ever. I wasn't there to visit, LOL! He used a piece of Titanium and a cadaver bone, (many thanks dead person). My incision was thru my abdomen therefore less intrusive on the nerves in my back.

Good luck in whatever you decide,

gmcnut

Hi Becca,

We are glad to hear from you. It sounds like all is going pretty well and that you are in fashion with your fiberglass girdle. And thanks for taking care of the little critter. We have several of our own and the newest one of the bunch will go to the vet soon for the "big snip" since we don't propagate them just feed what shows up at the door.

Dario

Becca,

Glad your procedure went well. Keeping your self busy (without overdoing it) is good. January is just a few weeks away, then your girdle will become optional

Top Bottom