a Gloat!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobW

I've been looking for a real table saw for a while to replace the piece of crap Delta benchtop that I have. Saw on Ebay last week that someone had a Delta 34-444 contractor's saw for sale with a blown motor. The saw is local, and I tossed up a ridiculously low bid, and ended up winning it for a whopping $58. I figured, worst case scenario, I could buy a motor straight from Delta for around $270, and have a decent saw, with new motor, for a fair price. (I actually priced the motor before placing the bid). Well, turns out all that was wrong was a loose wire in the run capacitor and dust in the motor, and it now runs like a champ. The saw even came with a 30" unifence and a delta-made right side extension table.

I'd feel guilty, but the guy I bought this from runs a cabinet shop, and he told me the saw just stopped one day. The next day they bought a brand new Unisaw with all the bells and whistles, and this thing sat in the corner ever since.

God, I love a good deal!

Rob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RobW

I did take the motor to a repair place, and that's where I found out the problem. The guy at the shop was nice enough to take a look, and within 5 minutes, the motor was running like it was new. He was able to dump about 1/2 a cup of dust out of it, found the loose wire, checked everything he could, and got it running. Over the phone he had told me that a $30 part is usually what's wrong, so this turned out even better. Free!

He did say to blow the motor with compressed air every now and then. Dust gets into all the cracks, and starts interfering with some of the connections, and that's what happened. I may have to send the guy a pizza next week for saving me so much cash.

Rob

mick

Rob, I'll go $60.00...lol..when can I pick it up?
Seriously thats a great find....congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom