Give this one a try: WTB Organic Decaf Coffee

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Well I searched Amazon and a host of other sites, and thought I would ask you folks. I am looking for a good source of organic decaf ground or whole bean coffee.

Thanks for reading.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
:rotfl: have you tried making coffee using one of those coffee bean cast blanks?:eek::eek: I suppose that wouldn't qualify as 'organic' huh?
Sorry, that's the best I could do, not a coffee drinker...

KenV

Tony

Ravens Brew Coffee has organic decaf -- Tumwater Washington. I drank it in Ketchikan Alaska.

Juneau's Heritage Coffee has some good decaf, but not certified organic. Be glad to send you a bag or two. Roasted here in Juneau.

TonyL

Thanks guys. I own a Keurig (2nd one) and never really liked it (my beautiful wife loves it, and I love my wife, so it is staying for her,..I like percolated coffee. I use a SS French press (they should sell a kit for that!). Any way, I am now off caf coffee and down to one diet soda a day. Yesterday was the first day in 6 that I didn't have a caffeine withdrawal headache. I read that if one is going to drink coffee it s/b organic and decaf...who knows? I do feel better without the caffeine and all of the diet soda. I am not looking for K-cup or the like coffee; something that comes in a bag to use with my FP. I will give this organic thing a try and see how it goes. Thanks for the replies.

TonyL

Ravens Brew Coffee has organic decaf -- Tumwater Washington. I drank it in
Ketchikan Alaska.

Thanks Ken...I was going to bed, but eager to order some!

Dehn0045

Hey Tony, I'm not sure about decaf beans, but for prep method I have 2 recommendations. I am currently using the Hario dripper, which I think produces an excellent cup. I have also used the Aeropress which resulted in the best cup of coffee I have made -- but it takes a bit more prep time than the Hario. My understanding is that the decaffinating process can extract some of the flavors, so you need to get the most out of what you have left. Best of luck to you.

TonyL

Thank you. I do like the FP (and my electric kettle). My wife found organic, GMO free, free trade, decaf at Kroger. I just had my first cup and it was excellent (med roast Peruvian). She said it was 6.99 for 11 ounces. I am sure it doesn't compare to what you and Ken are producing....but so far I am happy with it. Thank you very much.

RegisG

Tony,
If you go to a site like this Decaffeinated

Then buy a roaster, you will really have the best. Our roaster broke on the move here and I haven't replaced it.
You can get coffee EXACTLY the way you want. There are many many sources and types.
Coffee begins to loose flavor immediately after roasting. (good for about 30 days)
When you grind it, it looses 50% in 7 days
Green beans are good for at least a year

I spent about 10 years enjoying fresh roasted coffee.

Now, I miss it and may have to dive in again

Regis

vtgaryw

We have a number of very good coffee roasters here in Vermont, a by-product of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (now Keurig) being started up here.

My current favorite is a company called Brown and Jenkins. They have a very nice Organic DeCaf:

Nuseek.software

Gary

TonyL

Thank you. I am enjoying the Simple Truth Peruvian (Kroger) brand. I think it pretty full-bodied. Probably, no comparison to what you guys are recommending,

Top Bottom