Gift Card Tip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

So my grandmother got me a gift card for Walmart, and I went to use it yesterday. However; when I went to pay, there was no money on it. She currently lives in Florida, and is visiting in New York.

First thing I did was call Kelly (my wife) to make sure she didn't accidently use it, because it spent a few days in her purse. She didn't. So I called gram to let her know, so she can check her records.

A side note, a few years ago my mother in law got me a Lowes gift card for Christmas, and I went to Lowes and asked how much was on it.... They come back with $12.47, I thought wow that was nice she gave me a used gift card... I let Kelly know about it, and she said something to her mother, come to find out she accidently gave me the wrong one.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

They just had a story on the local news the other day stating that you need to be careful when purchasing gift cards because bad people are copying the numbers off the back of the cards before you buy them. So check them and make sure they don't have that back tab messed with when you buy.

zig613

Whenever a gift card is purchased I retain the receipt for proof of purchase just in case the funds are not loaded onto the card.

Wade

Woodchipper

We were on vacation and my mother told me to use their credit card for one night in Panama City. After we checked in, the front desk called and said the card had been reported as stolen. My mother had failed to destroy the old cards which had been misplaced and replaced with a new one.

Top Bottom