Getting freedom today!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I was taken into hospital on Tuesday night, kidney stones!!! :frown:
Man...those little suckers really hurt, don't they?:eek:
Anyway, they are just waiting for blood test results and say I can go home tonight. :biggrin:

I had a bad one about 15 years ago too and I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on my worst enemy.:cool:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joey-Nieves

Dear Mr. Rat:
I hope you're feeling better, it is with great sadness that I read your message and find out of your misfortune. I sincerely hope that you have a prompt and complete recovery.

Your friend
Joey

P.S.
If you can't turn anymore can I have your lathe:biggrin:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I've only heard from friends, and from the sound of it, they are something I can do without experiencing. Hope you get well quickly.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I am SO sorry to hear this Steven! I had ONE when I was younger. (26) They DO hurt. Have you passed it yet? :confused: That's another treat! :biggrin::wink: I seriously hope you heal without any problems. :wink:

jttheclockman

:eek:Hey Skip sorry to hear of your pain. I have never had them myself but have a friend that had them and his story was as painful. Hope they pass.

Didn't want to hit the like button on your post. Maybe you can have the doc save a couple and you can incorporate into a pen. Use it for the Bash. :biggrin:

Get better my friend.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm really glad to hear that you are doing better, Steven. Take it easy for a few days.

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
I was taken into hospital on Tuesday night, kidney stones!!! :frown:
Man...those little suckers really hurt, don't they?:eek:
Anyway, they are just waiting for blood test results and say I can go home tonight. :biggrin:

I had a bad one about 15 years ago too and I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on my worst enemy.:cool:
Been there - done that - THREE TIMES got the tee shirt. Bad Pain doesn't even begin to describe it. You have my sympathies. Hope you get sprung and are feeling better.

magpens

Hope you are over it, Skip.

BTW, who is your worst enemy ???? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Bummer.....tests came back and I'm worse than when they brought me in.....:frown:
Now they are mumbling pancreas and lung infections too...

Looks like they are keeping me for a while longer....hopefully they will make up their minds soon.
I feel sorry for my wife, both her parents were in the same hospital only a couple of weeks ago. Her Mom is back home but her Dad is now in a home....I'm not sure if he will ever get home now.

Thanks for the support. :wink:

jallan

Had them many years ago and the pain is unbelievable. Had to go to hospital there the nurse told me to drink Cranberry juice and lots of it. Went home and drank lots of it and it worked for me stone dissolved and have not had anymore. Still drink the juice. Hope this helps.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Bummer.....tests came back and I'm worse than when they brought me in.....:frown:
Now they are mumbling pancreas and lung infections too...

Looks like they are keeping me for a while longer....hopefully they will make up their minds soon.
I feel sorry for my wife, both her parents were in the same hospital only a couple of weeks ago. Her Mom is back home but her Dad is now in a home....I'm not sure if he will ever get home now.

Thanks for the support. :wink:
OK Steven. No more jokes from me now. I hope they find out for sure what is ailing you and, take care of it. Please keep us informed. :wink: Get well sir!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks for all the well wishes and. ....'other'....:rolleyes::biggrin:...comments.
Anyone after my tool stash will have to get in line....my wife and kids have aleady asked how much the tools are worth..:eek:
Just as long as they are still there when I eventually get out.( the tools...that is!!)
On the recovery road now, so should be home by Tuesday. :biggrin:

Thanks again:biggrin:

Last edited:

BradG

Ouch! Take it easy mate. Your only concern should be if they sell your tools for what you told them you paid for them

Last edited:

GoodTurns

Passed another a week or so back and was inspired.....

With apologies to Jimmy Cliff....

I can pee freely now the stone is gone
I got no more obstacles in my vein
Gone is the build up that made me cry
It's gonna be a bright, bright, sunshiny day
It's gonna be a bright, bright, sunshiny day.......

Ligget

Sorry to hear you are not 100% buddy, hope you have a super quick recovery and get back turning pens!!

ps
Passing a kidney stone would have been really painful with your hemorrhoids Skip! :crying::smile-big::smile-big: :tongue:

KBs Pensnmore

Hope you get well soon Skip. I've had them a couple of times, the only good thing about them was the pain relief, Pethidine I think it was.:cool:
I'm told the pain is the closest thing a male can get to Childbirth. You don't hear a male saying "Gee, I wouldn't mind another Kidney Stone attack" ????
Kryn

Si90

Hope you have a speedy recovery my friend. Seen first hand what they are like with my wife - don't want to got there myself is all I can say!

Jim Smith

Glad you're feeling better. I hope all goes well and you're back home today creating amazing pens for us to drool over.

Take care.

Jim Smith

Top Bottom