Gas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

I burn 700 gallons diesel each week at 3.80 per gallon. Now multiply that by 2.5 million and u have a decent rough estimate on how much weekly transportation costs are for goods to get to market in USA alone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Grizz

Banned
Remember the good ol days when gas was $2.50

Ugh. :bulgy-eyes:

Rick P

$4.25 for diesel here in Alaska and in case you forgot we are part of the US. (I have people tell me we are a foreign country about half the time I order things by phone and yes people have apologised for only having "American money"!) $6.00 on a regular basis in cold foot.

kmla

I went to the gas station the other day...

Went inside to pre-pay and told the guy behind the counter I wanted $5 worth of gas.

He took my money, looked at me, farted, and then walked away.

:rolleyes:

Haynie

4.25 is only 20 cents more expensive than what diesel was around here for most of the summer. We don't live in Alaska. We live in a tourist town where many boats come pulled by diesels. I got kicked out a station when I asked the owner if he had an I don't screw the locals discount. We used to get gas for our shop truck, shop boat and forklift there. not any more.

Rick P

Most of the Kenai peninsula dose the same thing with our tourists........some places up here do offer a resident discount.

We are actually rather happy to see $4.25 it was more like $5.00 most of the year. I think that how it keeps getting jacked up. Raise rates till they about kill everyone then they will be happy about a 30% incresse from last year.

Last edited:

theidlemind

I spilled 10 gallons of biodiesel during my last batch.
At 1.00$/gallon..........that's ten dollars worth. That and
the cleanup is enough to irritate. :biggrin:

But seriously, more people need to try biofuels. I GAVE AWAY
600 gallons of vegetable oil last month.

bitshird

If you think you're paying high prices to drive, wait until it's time to harvest crops, We could find alternate ways of getting from point A to point B but try doing it on an empty stomach, because Food prices are going to sky rocket. Around here every one is talking about how much the local farmers will make this year, sure 14.00 a bushel for Soy beans, 7.00 plus for a bushel of corn, BUT any idea what it takes to till, plant, fertilize, and harvest? Oh and if you like wearing comfortable undies, better start growing your own Cotton.
Fuel is very important, but WE THE PEOPLE are in truth the only thing that can force the oil companies hand, any one remember things called Boycotts?? And I don't mean a place for your son to take a nap!!!
Now if I can hop down from my Soap Box with out getting hurt, I'll say Thank you and put my britches back on and go home.
I think it's about time we realize we done did the pooch!! there is no political fix for this and while there may be a few politicians that profit directly from Oil , really if you want to demonize some one try the Big Time Gamblers the ones that bet the back line on Wall Street, Basically it all the fault of GREED

Don Wade

this is redicoulous how difficult it is to post anew thread. Why make it so difficult to communiate Seems like another elitist effort on my front.

Jgrden

A thousand years ago, I was in the back seat of some ones car, could have been Dad's, and saw a sign that said .19 per gallon. I think it was in Buffalo, New York. I do not know why I remembered that sign.

I'll date myself. When I was a child, you hand pumped it into a glass cylinder and it gravity fed into your car at 18 cents a gallon. I can remember when my father got upset when it went to 25 cents and drove 14 miles to get it for 23 cents.

I remember those old gas pumps... but by the time I started driving most pumps were electric....

I do remember the gas wars where stations would try to out sell their neighbors... a story I read about a gas war in Waco, TX back in about 1957 or 58... gas was down to $0.14 per gallon at one station... a tanker truck pulled in and the driver told the attendant to "filler 'er up"... he filled both saddle tanks, but the drive said "No fill 'er up... the big tank too...." he pumped the station dry, to the gas back to Kansas and made his fortune. I think normal price was around $0.25 or $0.27 cents back then.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I don't mind the high gas prices, as long as I know that somewhere
big oil executives are pulling in record profits and bonuses.

clapiana

not much RV this year because of the cost of gas :(
dont you want to just throw a rock at those gas stations that went out of business and still have the price of gas at $2.50?

Top Bottom