Banned
I think this is about right.

Attachments

• GAs.jpg
    GAs.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 243
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Finatic

Here in Corrupticut, the gas went from 3.29 to 3.69 in less than a week. Guess I picked the wrong time to by an Avalanche....................

Lenny

One of my co-workers took 2 weeks off and flew to Florida to visit his Mom. He said he was able to pay for his round trip ticket by what he saved in gas not coming into work during that time! :eek:

BKelley

Pulled into a service station, attendant ask "fill her up?", I said Naw, just $100.00.
I've got the fastest Ford 150 truck around. It will pass everything except a gas station.

steeler fan1

Pulled into a service station, attendant ask "fill her up?", I said Naw, just $100.00.
I've got the fastest Ford 150 truck around. It will pass everything except a gas station.

A station attendant?, now you're dating yourself:laugh:. That reminds me of a story from the shortages during the 70's, I'll update the numbers for today.

A lady pulls into a gas station and asks the attendant for $20 worth. The attendant replied, "lady ,my reflexes aren't that good":biggrin:.

Looks like it will only get worse:frown:.

Carl

tomcatchevy

Well it's about $9.50 for a gallon here! That's regular too! So count yourself lucky!

Yep it's about $5.00 or more here as well, so you guy's are still ahead.

Lin.

Last week my family and I were on vacation to Disney for the week and I thought it was great seeing gas in the lower 3 dollar range. When we left Canada it was about 4.23 and upon returning it was 4.28! I'd like to eventually visit England but I'm gonna have to save up a lot more just to get around there.:frown:

Russianwolf

I drive a dodge truck that if I'm drafting a semi can get about 22mpg.

I'm hoping the prices keep going up. The only way a real solution will happen is for the price to get to European levels.

We need more small diesel engines (can run on crude or Biodiesel (made from soy, not the recycled fryer stuff)).

donlittle

I'll date myself. When I was a child, you hand pumped it into a glass cylinder and it gravity fed into your car at 18 cents a gallon. I can remember when my father got upset when it went to 25 cents and drove 14 miles to get it for 23 cents.

tbroye

Here in Calyforny I paid 3.43 at COTSCO while the Name brand station including the AM?PM are up to $4.00 and AM?PM charges .45 to use an debit card. This is in Sacratamatoe former home of the Kings.

Last edited:

IPD_Mrs

bbuis

and the rights to your first born child.

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?????????????????? :):biggrin::wink::eek::)

Linda

The sign up is right here .. over this side of the CLIFF:yin-yang:

See why I want to sign up????????? Now don't you all feel sympathetic to my cause? I'll even let one of ya have the free tank of gas!! :biggrin:

Linda

make sure it's in a car you don't want. I'm helping her go over the cliff in it .. :tongue:

leestoresund

Where his priorities are mine ain't. FWIW they raise the price on the gas already in the ground so that they can pay for the next delivery. Kroger has the same .03/.10 here. They survey the local gas, charge .02 more so you only really save .01. On my average fill-up I only save .15 so it is not really worth a special trip. Lee

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
We can discuss and gripe about the price of gas, how we need small diesels (yes!), the philosophies of various drilling techniques, and how we all need to start stockpiling horse feed.

No political stuff please.

traderdon55

Gas prices today make me wish for the good old days. I still remember about a month before I received my license I got so mad because all the stations around town jacked their prices up from 25.9 to 27.9 cents per gallon. I also remember in school reading about how lucky we were because people in some countries overseas were paying nearly $2.00 a gallon and everyone said there was no way they would buy it at that price. Now we wish we could buy it for $2.00 a gallon and the tax on it is more than I used to payfor it. It has gone up this much in less than 40 years. I can't imagine what it will be in another 40.

PaulDoug

You can blame the situation on the middle east, but the truth is I just bought a nice diesel truck to pull my trailer. As soon as I bought it the prices shot up. It's my fault, sorry.:frown::frown: I should never have bought my dream truck.

airrat

Ok so no politics its the rules. But as Paul said its his fault for buying his dream truck. SO talk Paulatics!!!! Its all your fault Paul. My shoe lace just broke and it's all your FAULT!!

islandturner

Consider yourselves lucky...! In Victoria, BC this morning, gas is selling for $1.239 per liter. Multiply that by 3.7854 = $4.69 per US gallon. (That might be a percentage point or two high -- didn't correct for the difference in our dollars.)

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Like the other Canucks, I've essentially given up caring about the cost of gas - it's a requirement for travel, and I can't affect the prices...worrying over things I cannot change is just ulcer fodder, so I'll just take it as it comes...

The only alternative that I can see is electric - and electric cars don't work up here, as batteries lose a good chunk of juice in -40...(plus I pay more for electricity than natural gas in my home, so I doubt electricity would be the cheap choice in the long-haul)

Andrew

kinggabby

Years ago I heard truckers say that if all truckers were to go on strike they could shut down the world and get what they want. But But seeing how people need money to live on this could never work. With the gas prices going up they say it is supply and demand. But we all know that once you learn how to drive almost all people are hooked for life and we would never ( by our own choice ) slow down. So prices will keep going up. One thing to limit use is make it where you can't drive til your 25. That will drop demand quite a bit and help clear up the roadways .

Russianwolf

Years ago I heard truckers say that if all truckers were to go on strike they could shut down the world and get what they want. But But seeing how people need money to live on this could never work. With the gas prices going up they say it is supply and demand. But we all know that once you learn how to drive almost all people are hooked for life and we would never ( by our own choice ) slow down. So prices will keep going up. One thing to limit use is make it where you can't drive til your 25. That will drop demand quite a bit and help clear up the roadways .

A sample of what truckers can cause if they decide to.

http://www.france24.com/en/20080612...rtugal-roads-cleared-spain-europe-fuel-prices

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom