FWIW

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I saw a professional turner do it at a paid demo at one of the clubs I belong too.... Now that had to be enbarassing... fortunately he had a good sense of humor and took the ribbing well...

JohnDrayton

Just for comment: I was in Colo Spgs this summer and in an upscale curio shop ran into turned pens made in China for only $9.95, they were the "click" pens, all the same wood, engraved with the shop logo and really looked pretty good! Appeared to be mahogany. They are even trying to take our fun away from us!
J.D. Drayton Ark

TomServo

John: I have seen (even purchased) a similar pen from the french market in new orleans (pre-flood). The guy was selling them for like $8 or 2 for $15 or something like that, FP or RB.. the kits looked a lot like the old WC presidential pens. (i don't know if they still carry them) he had 4 or 5 types of wood... I think the one I bought was in bloodwood.

btboone

He plays banjo while he turns! A man of many talents. Just don't get the glue on your pants. I understand that people who do end up in Alabama with a banjo on their knee.

rtjw

Eagle I am beginning to think your going through a bad month. First the lathe now the tool rest. Maybe you should stay away from any kind of saw for the rest of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom