Fun Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
If price was no object ---- say you got all your kits and blanks free and gave all your pens away (I already know that you don't so you needn't tell me that) ---- what kind of pens would you turn?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

I like pens that post. Gives them a more finished look and sets them apart from all the handout click or twist pens out there. Jim S

CREID

This is not a fun question!!! Really though, I think I would still agonize over what to turn for whatever the reason the pen is being turned for. Maybe even more so if it was free, with a price attached, it narrows my choices.

Curt

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
But Leroy......I do get my blanks and kits for free and do give them away...:tongue:

Ok, just messin':tongue:

Really though, it's not the cost of the kit or blank that makes me or prevents me from a particular pen..... The priceless part is the ability make a perfect pen. Knowing that a perfectly made Jr with a great match between kit and blank is more valuable than an Emperor with the wrong blank is the priceless part.

Having said that, there are several kits that I would like to try...like those fun steampunky things from PSI, but the cost prevents me.

I do like the Elegant Beauties ( blingless ) but they too are stupidly expensive here.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmmmm

But Leroy......I do get my blanks and kits for free and do give them away...:tongue:

Really though, it's not the cost of the kit or blank that makes me or prevents me from a particular pen..... The priceless part is the ability make a perfect pen. Knowing that a perfectly made Jr with a great match between kit and blank is more valuable than an Emperor with the wrong blank is the priceless part.

Having said that, there are several kits that I would like to try...like those fun steampunky things from PSI, but the cost prevents me.

I do like the Elegant Beauties ( blingless ) but they too are stupidly expensive here.
How come I don't have one of your masterpieces in my collection then?:biggrin:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

I know where you are coming from here, every now and then I have a customer from UK ask about something....Until they learn how much shipping costs and that they're going to get hit for VAT and possibly customs when the order gets there....even if it's marked as a gift.

TonyL

I like the Jr Antony, George, and Aaron. I would like something of similiar quality, but narrower with the Jr Gent II cone/nib.

Jontello

I would turn a larger size fountain pen like a gentleman pen. That is why I cannot wait until you get the fountain pen piece of your caballeros figured out so I can stock up on them.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I would turn a larger size fountain pen like a gentleman pen. That is why I cannot wait until you get the fountain pen piece of your caballeros figured out so I can stock up on them.
It is figured out - I just don't have parts to implement it...maybe in a month or so I will.

bobleibo

If price was no object ---- say you got all your kits and blanks free and gave all your pens away (I already know that you don't so you needn't tell me that) ---- what kind of pens would you turn?

"Price is no object"? I had to call one of the kids to ask what that meant. I like kits that show simple elegance and a nice balance between the blank and the hardware. The only blingy kit I like is the Jr. Emperor because of it's geometric style. I have a couple of customers who love bling, the more the better. Guess it's all a matter of personal taste.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Same ones I do now. Don't make enough that price would be a variable. If I think of something I want to make I just do it if I am able.

Top Bottom