Frozen pipes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Well we have a heat lamp in the pump house (and yes it was working), we left the water running the bathroom and the kitchen. Our pipes ended up freezing, so we have not had running water in the house since Thursday. I have a couple spots I see that will need to be fixed, not sure if the pump cracked or anything else. I am hoping Monday or Tuesday it will all thaw out so I can fix it.

Oh my truck crapped out so we ended up getting a car on the 3rd. Had to get the Journey towed back to the local garage, the battery died. It was about a year old so under warrenty. However it is under the wheel well so I can't just pop it off, I have to take the tire off and all that good stuff.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Will send good thoughts your way along with a little better temps next week.

Hope that everything is better soon.
Your friends from Frostbite Falls,l Minnesota.
Rocky & Bullwinkle

Woodchipper

Oh my truck crapped out so we ended up getting a car on the 3rd. Had to get the Journey towed back to the local garage, the battery died. It was about a year old so under warrenty. However it is under the wheel well so I can't just pop it off, I have to take the tire off and all that good stuff.
So far, it hasn't been too cold to cause any car problems. I feel that anyone who designs a motor vehicle should be required to work in a shop for two years before touching a CAD CAM. I had a Plymouth van that had a Mazda (if I recall) engine. The mechanic had to tear the engine compartment apart to change the water pump.

chartle

New Years day I woke up to frozen pipes. Found out that after an inside meter reading, at least one a year, the insulation wasn't replaced around the meter. Its in an unheated part of my 1890's basement under my front porch. I few minutes with a hair dryer on high thawed it out pretty quickly. Replaced the insulation no issues, until...............

Yesterday my dishwasher stopped filling mid cycle. That part of the kitchen doesn't have a basement underneath so can get cold even with all the insulation under the floor.

Today, warmed up to a balmy 22, still not filling. I put water in it to see what would happen and it also didn't drain.

So I took off the bottom of the dishwasher and directed the hair dryer underneath thinking what the hell. Well its started to fill and drain so yea it was all frozen up.

Oh and my 2010 Elantra, after sitting for 4 or 5 day,s didn't like starting in 0 degree weather. Took 3 or 4 hard cranks.

Last edited:

RDH79

Well we have a heat lamp in the pump house (and yes it was working), we left the water running the bathroom and the kitchen. Our pipes ended up freezing, so we have not had running water in the house since Thursday. I have a couple spots I see that will need to be fixed, not sure if the pump cracked or anything else. I am hoping Monday or Tuesday it will all thaw out so I can fix it.

Yea we have had our water running in the sink for a couple weeks.
Thats country living.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Woodchipper

Had frozen water pipes in Louisville, KY, winter of 76-77. Crawled under the house. Crawl space was warm until I got in the back corner. Frigid air blowing right on the pipe going into the house. Wrapped my hands around it and it broke loose but the water heater spring a leak. Wife taught at a daycare. Every try to keep 60 kids clean with wipes? Had kids from 6 weeks to 5 years old.

Bikerdad

So far, it hasn't been too cold to cause any car problems. I feel that anyone who designs a motor vehicle should be required to work in a shop for two years before touching a CAD CAM.
Agreed.

I had a Plymouth van that had a Mazda (if I recall) engine. The mechanic had to tear the engine compartment apart to change the water pump.
More likely it was a Mitsubishi engine, as they teamed up with Chrysler quite a bit. Mazda was partially owned by Ford until the Great Recession, which is why the Mazda B-2000 pickup is a dead ringer for the Ford Ranger, the Tribute was an Escape in a Mazda suit, etc.

JPW062

no frozen pipes, but I have my fingers crossed waiting on the electric bill. Ran electric space heater almost a week straight.

Top Bottom