Friday - weekend plans

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Another forum I belong to has a regular Friday post of weekend plans... so I thought might be cool to start one here...

Friday 7/15 -- what are weekend plans. (and if the wind doesn't change directions, maybe I'll remember to post next week too)

No plans here though... going to spend today tearing down the lathe and putting a new spindle pulley... mine shattered yesterday. :eek::mad:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm fishing a bass tournament Saturday night from 8pm-8am. Other than that, i'll be relaxing on my couch in the A/C!!

southernclay

Cool topic!

Tomorrow am my wife and I have some training we are taking at our church.

Sunday I'm going with my oldest (son) my dad, uncle and my brother and his two sons to see the Braves minor league team play, going to be fun!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will be umpiring Little League Senior Baseball State tournament Games all weekend.
2 games tonight, 4 tomorrow and the championship on Sunday. Next week I will head to Safety Harbor FL. to do the Regional Tournament Games. 22-28th. Then I can rest!

DigBaddy72

Tonight I may get in the shop, unless my wife and I find a movie to watch Netflix/Amazon/Hulu. Or we will play some Tetris (our nightly unwind event).
Tomorrow I meet with an old high school classmate who is opening an Art Studio/Gallery in Sheboygan. I will be brining pens and bottle stoppers.
Sunday, not much happening, probably laundry and shop time.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Today I'm catching up on lawn work after a nice vacation. If I can get enough done, I can play on the weekend.

Hopefully will include making some new segmented pen blank designs, and starting a few orders for family members that want a few pens for co-workers.

Wifey chickened out and is leaving for Seattle, WA. for 7 days until the Cleveland Convention is done (no comment, no expressed opinion, but will be fascinating)... So I get to share the house with the cats! But they love supervising my lathe time - they play with the bushings on the counter top until the bushings roll underneath the bench...

More4dan

Changing out drive half shafts and CV joints and taking apart and servicing the struts on my wife's Honda Oddyssey. 100F plus heat ain't helping. Then into the shop to start knocking out 30 seam ripper kits for a new customer and business partner by the end of the month.

I am also starting a 1/24 aluminum scale model of a verticle gas compression scrubber for a Summer Engineering Intern I am mentoring. It will match the one he is working on as his summer project.

So a lot of work and a little bit of fun.

Danny

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Today I'm catching up on lawn work after a nice vacation. If I can get enough done, I can play on the weekend.

Hopefully will include making some new segmented pen blank designs, and starting a few orders for family members that want a few pens for co-workers.

Wifey chickened out and is leaving for Seattle, WA. for 7 days until the Cleveland Convention is done (no comment, no expressed opinion, but will be fascinating)... So I get to share the house with the cats! But they love supervising my lathe time - they play with the bushings on the counter top until the bushings roll underneath the bench...

Maybe Robin can make you a Margarita while you enjoy the library!!

mecompco

I'm on vacation until mid-August, so it's always the weekend. But, no big plans for the actual weekend. Probably a couple hours of lawn mowing and then as much time as possible in the shop. If it's nice, a spin on the bike. If we're really lucky, we'll get an invite from our friends who have a camp on Snow Pond (one of the Belgrade Lakes--think "On Golden Pond") and go out on the pontoon boat. Followed by many beers and BBQ.

corks58

Great subject!
Taking a friend who still has to work fishing. There is a little lake nearby that will produce 20" to 30" lake trout at a rate of one every 15 minutes. Then back to making inventory.

Dan

TBCbushings

Going to UVA on Saturday to pick up my son from leadership camp for marching band. Going into the shop on Sunday to make TBC Bushings to fill some orders. That's it....Oh tonight we are going to see Ghost Busters.

Chuck Key

Planning to make several visits to the Traveling Veterans Memorial Wall on display near Richmond this weekend. Particularly interested in Panel 42E that displays the names of 48 men from C company, 4th Battalion, 9th Infantry Regiment that lost their lives during a eight minute span in an ambush on March 2, 1968. By the end of March 1968 through reassignment and volunteer transfer of veteran combat troops as well as placement of new recruits like myself Company C was back to daily combat operations.

Mr Vic

Up early to post payments for our water association. Kick the wife out the door to post the demands for past due and hit my shop. Got to prep some blanks for the Pikes Peak Woodturners demo at the El Paso County Fair next weekend. Oh and post any new payments she get from the Post Office or while posting demands.

Sunday it's off to Larkspur, Co for our annual trip to the Renaissance Festival. Home by about 7:30 and I'll run my weekend reports for work (remotely).

Sataro

Just retired from teaching in May. So far enjoying each day with no plans. Wife still going to work each day. She has enough plans to keep me busy...

Rockytime

Two hour breakfast with friends. Then a trip to HF and afterwards a stop at a small farmers market. Rest of the afternoon spent making a segmenting jig for my 9" HF band saw. Tomorrow breakfast with two friends then take our bikes to Cheyenne for dinner with friends.

Another forum I belong to has a regular Friday post of weekend plans... so I thought might be cool to start one here...

Friday 7/15 -- what are weekend plans. (and if the wind doesn't change directions, maybe I'll remember to post next week too)

No plans here though... going to spend today tearing down the lathe and putting a new spindle pulley... mine shattered yesterday. :eek::mad:

Thought I would post a couple of pictures of what my spindle pulley looked like Friday night... Kind of exciting taking the broken pulley out... I needed to run the lathe up to top end speed so I could remove the belt off the motor pulleys... when I did, pieces flew out and across the shop... kinda like shrapnel. I had an older pulley that I had removed because it was wearing around the key way... works for now and saves me about $80 for now.

Attachments

• 0714161639a.jpg
    0714161639a.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 0715161352.jpg
    0715161352.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 100
Top Bottom