Free flowing knowledge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

There are some really talented and "resourceful" folks here at the IAP. As a I was turning this handle today, it reminded me of all the ideas and techniques that are "casually" shared with the membership. This is my small tribute to everyone here that have shared their ideas and secrets to advancing the craft. Thanks to Ed "yo-yo spin" Davidson for inspiring the do-hickeys, thanks to Steven"Skiprat" Jackson for remiding us that common materials in the shop(fasteners) are useful to make for some practical items (copper ferrule) on the handles. Thanks to Curtis "Mesquite man" Seebeck for proving that even the crappiest wood is "not worthless". Dawn "PR Princess" always has words of wisdom in regards to casting and creativity. Ed "ed4copies" Brown encouraged me to try plastic as a creative medium when I was too focused (single-minded) in my belief that wood was the ultimate turning medium. The list goes on and on and the ideas roll out of the IAP endlessly. A special thanks to Jeff for keeping the IAP doors "open" so that the creative juices continue to freely flow here. In conclusion I want to say, "thank you (IAP participants) for all you do".

Attachments

• P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 110
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 112
  • P1010009.jpg
    P1010009.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 160
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Peter ... thank you for the really powerful post. You, my friend, are one decent human being. You make an excellent point in detailing how effective a community can be in working toward a common goal ....... when the tide comes in all the ships in the harbor rise. We're all part of the tide.

ldb2000

I wouldn't know which end of a skew to use if it weren't for the people here on the IAP . The information here is the best education you could ever get for this craft and the people are the greatest bunch of people I have ever had the Honor to know ! . :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Daniel

Peter, Thank you. In many ways we all keep each other moving, The new turner can obviously advance in leaps and bounds by what they can find here. But more often than most would think the old timer is inspired to give it just a little extra effort or have to think things through one more time, discovering better and better ways of doing things, New tools or even all new processes. There are so many things about penturning that are better, easier, more constant, more abundant or exist at all (like a good vice for drilling blanks) because of this group.
We do all ride the same tide.

Top Bottom