Frapper Penturners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Draken

Is this limited to 20 users? I've tried a few times to add myself, both in Firefox and IE, and I'm still not showing up. [:(!]

Draken

EDIT: Ok, I'm in now, seems the "shoutout" isn't an optional field. [B)]

Lloyd Frisbee

Hey where are the rest of the Left Coasters? I'm in!

Lloyd
Silicon Valley Woodturners
San Jose, CA

JimGo

Too bad we can't get Mark (Ligget), Serge, and some of the other, truly international users in here too!

(that's as opposed to our friends in the 51st state to our North [;)] - KIDDING)

It is obvious from your post that you have been there and know it is a title to a page that contains a map, which has flags showing where people who turn pens live across the globe. So I'm not sure I understand your question.

I was thinking Jeff, and was planning on contacting you if this took off, would you like to place a link on the front page of IAP to Frapper?

John
On the upper left hand side there is a slider that will zoom out to the whole globe or zoom in to your town.

There is aslo a feature to show either the names of streets or satellite images. When I used the satellite feature I noticed some bikini clad girls on a bench in Florida.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by btboone
<br />Ron, I think Jeff meant the title; Penturners International should be International Association of Penturners.
Yes, sorry, I should have been more specific. Ron, if you wanted it associated with this group, why give it a different name?

I am not authorized to use IAP's name or logo in such a manner.

If you would like IAP associated with the map, let me know and I can put the IAP's logo on the page where you see the question mark. Also, if you wish, you can can place a link to the map on the front page of IAP.

Just let me know.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Ron,

If the name is changed to "The International Association of Penturners" then I'm all for it. "Penturners International" makes it appear like a different group, regardless of the presence of the logo.

I think group mapping is really great and I had actually planned to implement a member map here using Google Maps, as there is a forum mod available to do that. It pulls location from the member database to locate the pins, and the popup has a link to the member profile and photo album.

I have not done it because the global geocode database has over 4 million entries and at 400MB compressed it's really hard on the database. I was waiting until I switch us over to MySQL.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
"It pulls location from the member database to locate the pins, and the popup has a link to the member profile and photo album."

I thought that would be a neat feature when I registered.I do like the fact it is a separate entity so there is no censorship of the shout-outs though.

You gave me a chuckle when I read your shoutout Eagle.

-----

I have no problem with the two sites coexisting.

Remember Penturners International is the title of a page, NOT an organization. I have no attachments to the name. It took me longer to type in the name than it did to come up with the name.

That said, I'm looking into changing the name to make Jeff a happy camper. He needs a break once in a while.

----

We are up to 74 Flags!!!
Lets keep it going!!!

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Ron in Drums PA
<br />You gave me a chuckle when I read your shoutout Eagle.
-----

I have no problem with the two sites coexisting.

Remember Penturners International is the title of a page, NOT an organization. I have no attachments to the name. It took me longer to type in the name than it did to come up with the name.

That said, I'm looking into changing the name to make Jeff a happy camper. He needs a break once in a while.

----

We are up to 74 Flags!!!
Lets keep it going!!!

When was the last time you read it?[^]

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by cteaglesc
I thought that would be a neat feature when I registered.I do like the fact it is a separate entity so there is no censorship of the shout-outs though.
Excellent point. A great reason to leave it as "Penturners International" and as a separate entity. That way I have nothing to complain about. [:)]

For the folks having lockup problems... The map uses a lot of complex javascript and problems with some browsers is not unusual. Update your browser if you're running something antiquated.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Ron in Drums PA
<br />
Originally posted by cteaglesc
When was the last time you read it?[^]

Gee, I wonder where you got the "ELITIST" from?[;)][^]

Well since you opened the door:

"2 entries found for elitist.
e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-ltzm, -l-)
n.
The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of theiras in intellect, social status, or financial resources. <b> perceived superiority, </b>

The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
e·litist adj. & n.

Kind of explains my feelings rather well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom