Fountain pen vs Roller ball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Trying to learn a little more about FP's and RB's . I learned from another post that one can convert between the two simply by removing or adding a spring. Therefore I assume that the reason the FP kit is a few $ more than the RB is because of the ink converter pump. Is this correct?

Also, if I were to buy a replacement pump, I see the Schmidt pumps are more than a standard pump. What makes them more expensive?

Since the FP kits are more than the RB kits, do you charge more for a FP than a RB of the same style?

lkorn

FP kits are more expensive due to the cost of the NIB. Soem kits include a converter, not all. All however include an ink cartridge. The spring for the roller ball is to keep relatively constant pressure on the ball regardless of the users hand.
I sell FP's for $10.00-$25.00 more than RB's depending on the kit and the wood.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by lkorn
<br />FP kits are more expensive due to the cost of the NIB. Soem kits include a converter, not all. All however include an ink cartridge. The spring for the roller ball is to keep relatively constant pressure on the ball regardless of the users hand.
I sell FP's for $10.00-$25.00 more than RB's depending on the kit and the wood.

Ditto!![:)]

Usually $10 more, but the customer can buy BOTH ends to make the pen either a rollerball OR a fountain pen for only $8 more than the fountain pen price!!! (SUCH A DEAL, I MAKE FOR YOU!!!)[:p][:)][:p][:p]

Scott

Hi Mannie,

Larry and Ed did a great job of answering your questions! I agree with what they say! Those Schmidt pumps really are made better. I like using them. I understand the main difference is the material in the ink reservoir is non-wetting, meaning the ink doesn't stick to the sides of the reservoir, but rather flows out the end into the nib. Whatever! They just seem to be built better, and I like to stick with the best for my better pens!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom