Found some missing wood...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

I can't remember if I posted it here or not, so here it is again for your reading pleasure. :wink:

3 years ago, I was in the hospital for cancer surgery. (I made a full recovery.)
Anyway, my wife decided to clean up the house while I was in the hospital for 2 weeks. She moved 2 large (Xerox paper) boxes of wood blanks I had here.
I searched for them for 2 or 3 days & never found them.

They were full of exotic wood. Most of it was 3" to 4" thick and about 12" square. Pricey stuff, in other words. Anyway, I figured they got thrown away.
So, today, we are rearranging furniture so she can accept delivery of a large curio cabinet.

I moved the end table by the sofa & under it was a box of my wood.
I moved the other end table & there was my other box of missing wood.
I was so happy to see it, I almost fainted.

Into my workshop they went.
It's nice to find wood you thought was gone forever. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I'm glad my super tolerant wife puts up with my disorganized scatter all over the house.

Just occasionally it gets to her and then I am totally incapacitated and disoriented.

Last edited:

Dehn0045

Sounds like the cabinet paid for itself! great story

We once lost a point and shoot camera for 5 years. It was a big deal for me at the time, searched the house top to bottom, then finally gave up thinking it was stolen out of my wife's purse. It wasn't until we disconnected our landline home telephone, there that damn camera was sitting behind the phone on the shelf. I don't think I used it again after I found it, my phone had a much better camera. Glad you will get some use out of your discovery!

Woodchipper

The best way to find a lost object is to go out and buy one. The lost object will show up....guaranteed.
Glad to hear that you are doing well. :highfive:

Top Bottom