Found this at Marshall's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimofsanston

Olive wood with high figure. Cheap too.
37bdd81d657286b00867100f0d74b96e.jpg
. Should be able to get some very nice blanks out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Great find. There was a time when I hated to go to any store with my wife until I found that there are sometimes items found that I can use in my hobbies. If nothing is there for me to use I enjoy watching the"Different" people as they pass by.

JohnU

I've had luck like that at my local Marshalls also. You just have to watch the thickness. Some are a little thin but they worked out ok for making some bangle bracelets.

jttheclockman

Will start looking for this in some of these stores mentioned. Any in Wally World??? Also what price range are we talking about here to give me an idea. Thanks.

Skie_M

What is it, exactly?

Mixing paddle?

Some kind of wooden spatula?

Planking board for grilling fish/steak ect?

Grill cleaning tool?

(In my mind, it would work for all of the above and then some, so yeah, I'm really asking what they're marketing it as... it would help everybody who's looking for them to find the right store section! :) )

jttheclockman

What is it, exactly?

Mixing paddle?

Some kind of wooden spatula?

Planking board for grilling fish/steak ect?

Grill cleaning tool?

(In my mind, it would work for all of the above and then some, so yeah, I'm really asking what they're marketing it as... it would help everybody who's looking for them to find the right store section! :) )

Cutting board.

BKelley

I found the same thing at Home Goods in Tucker, Georgia. They had a whole line of things made of Olivewood and the grain was outstanding. A little thin, but good for Slimlines or Tony's.

Ben

eharri446

Will start looking for this in some of these stores mentioned. Any in Wally World??? Also what price range are we talking about here to give me an idea. Thanks.

I bought several of them from a couple of Marshall's stores and paid between $4.99 to $20.00. The $20.00 is about 12 x 16 x 1 and was clearance priced due to a split in the board. The others were similar in shape to the one pictured in the initial post. The most expensive of the ones like that one which I bought was $9.99 and should yield 10 or 12 pen blanks that are 3/4 inch think.

Here is a picture of one that I made last night from a smaller one.

View in Gallery

jttheclockman

I bought several of them from a couple of Marshall's stores and paid between $4.99 to $20.00. The $20.00 is about 12 x 16 x 1 and was clearance priced due to a split in the board. The others were similar in shape to the one pictured in the initial post. The most expensive of the ones like that one which I bought was $9.99 and should yield 10 or 12 pen blanks that are 3/4 inch think.

Here is a picture of one that I made last night from a smaller one.

View in Gallery

I can not believe some of the grain on these boards. I am sure it is not Holy land olivewood but still that stuff looks great. I am going to have to walk into a few of these stores. Nice work on the pens. The timber really works with them.

epigolucky

I've picked up a couple of nicely figured cutting boards at these stores as well. Always great finds. Not always easy to find the thicker ones, but they are out there.

Top Bottom