The Flu

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul in OKC

Well, here's hoping all make it through the season without getting it. I have been unfortunate, and am currently recovering. Wow, don't recall a time I have ever felt this bad. Today I feel almost alive again. Hit me last Thursday evening, headed home early Friday, ended up in the ER Saturday. You want to get seen in a hurry in a crowded ER? Pass out, gets you to the front of the line! That was actually the second time for passing out, first time was at home, wife called the emt's. Basically just a little dehydration, so keep up the fluids!!!!!
Nice to be alive.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Glad you're starting to feel better, Paul! No flu, but I'm on my 4th week w/viral bronchitis. I wake up each morning feeling like it's about over, but still find myself hacking throughout the day.[xx(] This is getting old!

jwoodwright

I know it's a bad one. When I waited 5 hrs at ER with my scratched eye they had 20 or so people with flu. Most were so sick they could hardly stand.

Let's hope for a fast recovery...

wudnhed

Paul, I had this in Nov. and your right, its the worst I've eve felt in my life. Lasts 3 to 5 days which is wayyyyyyyy too long. I'm sure glad your on the upside of this flu. Take care.

Paul, From what I've heard, even with the flu-shot, you can still get the flu... in my neighborhood the doctors are pushing the shot, but the news has reported there are 3 strains of the flu working right now and the flu-shot only prevents one of them.

My 17 year old granddaughter got sick up in Illinois... she actually pased out and collapsed in the shower.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Paul

I got the T-Shirt for this version of the flu myself. Nasty stuff this version is. You feel bad for 5 or 6 days, and still end up coughing for 2 weeks, before you get back to normal. Good luck, and keep the fluids up!

OKLAHOMAN

Paul, I was going to stop by and see you last week and things came up, I'll call you next week after you had time to recoup, take care.

Paul in OKC

First time for the flu for me, well, one other about 25 years ago. I am not a flu shot getter, but may change, one of those things I may have to admit on getting older. Thankfully, the family seems to have escaped the bug (Praise the Lord!). Funny thing is my wife has reminded the kids to wash their hands well, and not get too close to daddy, my 4 year old daughter has been walking the longest way around where ever I am at, like I have the plague! Anyway, hope to head back to work tomorrow, although I don't expect to get a full day in, may not for a few days.

opfoto

Paul...
Had a bug myself....Luckily for me not as bad as yours but bad enough. Take it easy, pump the fluids as you mentioned and you'll be back to the grind soon enough! Get well.

Marc

Paul, I'm sure glad you're getting better, and glad to hear you're re-thinking your "no flu shot" stance. Its cheap insurance. Also, as you said, the hydration is VERY important: keeps you from getting pneumonia. I've been through the ER 4 times for exactly what you just had...I have COPD, so its like I have a big target plastered on my chest. Anyway, you're doing all the right stuff, hang in there, and glad you're okay now.

ahoiberg

paul, i was just gonna post about the flu and saw your post... :) it ran through my family this weekend with reckless abandon. i haven't had it in years, either but i think this is a particularly bad year for it... stay well y'all.

Top Bottom