Flipbooks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

I've done a significant amount of work with another version of the page flip applications ( as well as making one from scratch a few years ago that taught me the lesson that some software is worth buying, even when it is in the $1500 range...) and while they are flash based, they are also much more complicated than your typical flash site. If you notice the address bar changes as you change pages, this allows you to link directly to a specific page in the book, and as Larry said, they have worked to incorporate Search Engines and analytics into them. The version I use has a separate section for putting keywords or an entire duplication of any text on the page that is made accessable to web's cataloging features, which allows you to control how much or how little your book shows up (i.e. you can delete all the SEO text and your book will not have anything for search engines to catalog, yet your book will display all your text..)

Larry, you are very generous in this offer, I'm not familiar with this brand of the page flip, but the one I use (3dIssue) is not something I would want to offer out for a service to people without asking for at lease a little compensation for time!!! Does this work off of a PDF file originally, or is there some other content management system for creating them?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxman400

I just sent my Photos to Larry, He sent me a sample with a couple of photos I sent him and some he got from the site and I got to say the book looks great so far.
Larry Thanks for taking your time to do this.
Max.

Fireengines

I received an email from the vendor yesterday. They will be releasing a version that will allow the books to display over IPad and IPhone next month. We will see...

wizard

I've done a significant amount of work with another version of the page flip applications ( as well as making one from scratch a few years ago that taught me the lesson that some software is worth buying, even when it is in the $1500 range...) and while they are flash based, they are also much more complicated than your typical flash site. If you notice the address bar changes as you change pages, this allows you to link directly to a specific page in the book, and as Larry said, they have worked to incorporate Search Engines and analytics into them. The version I use has a separate section for putting keywords or an entire duplication of any text on the page that is made accessable to web's cataloging features, which allows you to control how much or how little your book shows up (i.e. you can delete all the SEO text and your book will not have anything for search engines to catalog, yet your book will display all your text..)

Larry, you are very generous in this offer, I'm not familiar with this brand of the page flip, but the one I use (3dIssue) is not something I would want to offer out for a service to people without asking for at lease a little compensation for time!!! Does this work off of a PDF file originally, or is there some other content management system for creating them?

Larry is a pen collector...if you like what he does for you that you might considering sending him one of the pens you created....LOL..in my case I sent him one that Seamus actually did most of the work. I know it would mean something special to him. Doc:)

Attachments

• IAP Gift to Larry Lorance.jpg
    IAP Gift to Larry Lorance.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 78

alphageek

Former Moderator
I received an email from the vendor yesterday. They will be releasing a version that will allow the books to display over IPad and IPhone next month. We will see...

THAT will be seriously cool. If they do it right and you can "swipe" to switch pages on the iPad, that would be an incredible way to have a portable demo of your stuff. I hope you can cache the book locally on a device.

IPD_Mr

Jeff - When will there be a link to view the different FlipBooks? Right now the only one that I have been able to see is Doc's.

seamus7227

here is mine again in case you missed from the page back

here

I just want to say that Larry had a sample done for me in no time flat! And I love it! That just motivates me to try and finish up my tutorials for snakeskin tanning and making the blanks, to making the pens! hmmm.......what should i call that? "Snakeskin pens: Start to Finish"™:biggrin:

Last edited:

wizard

I want to give Larry a BIG THANKS for completing a Book for me also, most of my photos has been reduced down in size but Larry was still able to work with them.
Here's the link.
Custom Pens by Mike Maxfield

Max,

Just wanted to tell you that your Flipbook is truly awesome!! All the pictures are perfect!!

But I have to tell you...if you are ever in Houston... I wouldn't bring those pens.....I would seriously want TO STEAL the Cigar Rebar Rollerball and the Panache Spinner.:biggrin::biggrin::wink:.
Regards, Doc:)

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff - When will there be a link to view the different FlipBooks? Right now the only one that I have been able to see is Doc's.

Now that the Bash is over, we can move on to projects like this.

I'm working with TomW on the best way to index these.

IPD_Mr

Sounds great Jeff, I look forward to seeing these, I think you are doing a great thing offering the drive space to showcase the books.

Fireengines

One feature of this software is the ability to place your book on a bootable CD. This would be a great tool to hand out at shows or give to customers.

Again, you can add the book to your social media page or email the link directly from your book menu.

Last edited:

maxman400

One feature of this software is the ability to place your book on a bootable CD. This would be a great tool to hand out at shows or give to customers.

Again, you can add the book to your social media page or email the link directly from your book menu.
When I get time I will set down and figure out how to attach it to face book. :confused:

Fireengines

It is pretty simple to share your book on Facebook. Just click on the "Share" icon (in your book the word icon), log into Facebook, write something, and your done. The link is placed on Facebook for you.

Top Bottom