Flat Top Tool Rest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

I recently got a flat top tool rest, post, and stop collar. I generally use carbide tools, so I figured this would be a nice addition. I had not used it and Angelina came out to the shop and saw it all shiny, so she is doing the kid dance in front of the lathe, "Daddy can I do it?" So I work with her on it, and she was getting very thin strips. At one point I have her hold the hose to the shop vac, and I do some cutting with it, and beautiful ribbons were rolling off. If you use carbide tip tools I say get the flat top tool rest.

I am not mentioning where I got the tool from, but most everyone knows where you get them from.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 366
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

No Ed, I am not satified. I am still waiting for pictures post here of the kids using the 'winnings' from the Kid Contests. WE need to see them at the lathe and then with something they finished. You know Ed, I have one also (flat top tool rest) and it is just about the nicest thing for using carbide I have ever found.

Ben.......check the 'cheers & jeers' section of the forum. You will see nothing but CHEERS for Rick's work. My opinion.......he is the very best.

edicehouse

No Ed, I am not satified. I am still waiting for pictures post here of the kids using the 'winnings' from the Kid Contests. WE need to see them at the lathe and then with something they finished. You know Ed, I have one also (flat top tool rest) and it is just about the nicest thing for using carbide I have ever found.

Ben.......check the 'cheers & jeers' section of the forum. You will see nothing but CHEERS for Rick's work. My opinion.......he is the very best.

My girls have not been in the kids contests in years.

stonepecker

My girls have not been in the kids contests in years.

Hey Ed, Time to take them out to the shop and turn something with them.
(You know I am just jerking the chain) LOL :biggrin::rolleyes:

Drewboy22

I recently got a flat top tool rest, post, and stop collar. I generally use carbide tools, so I figured this would be a nice addition. I had not used it and Angelina came out to the shop and saw it all shiny, so she is doing the kid dance in front of the lathe, "Daddy can I do it?" So I work with her on it, and she was getting very thin strips. At one point I have her hold the hose to the shop vac, and I do some cutting with it, and beautiful ribbons were rolling off. If you use carbide tip tools I say get the flat top tool rest.

I am not mentioning where I got the tool from, but most everyone knows where you get them from.

Please, where did you get that. Would be vey interested in having one myself.

Check out this link in the Vendor Catalog section of the IAP forums:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f172/custom-made-penturning-tools-accessories-92501/

This is a great tool rest. I use mine all the time. The mistake I made was not getting the stop collars. That would have made it real nice :)

A++ Seller

Top Bottom