Fisher Space Pen Users?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

Hello: I was looking through the old posts on this site regarding the Fisher Space Pen refills. The entries were really dated, mostly from 2010. I was wondering if we have anyone who is using the refills in their pen making. Apparently Fisher makes refills that fit other pens, but I have really not heard anything about the quality of this refill in a long time. Recently I saw information about this product on another site, which rekindled my interest. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

mdburn_em

I love the Fischer space pen refills.

I love them. I watch for sales on them all the time and buy as many as I can.

Much has been said about the problems with the cross style refills. They haven't used a fischer refill. They write anywhere and on anything. That's the pro. It's a big one.

Cons: 1. The cross style refill only actually has enough ink for a mini.
2. If you break off the attachments and actually use it in a mini pen, it will not fit our adapter out of the box. Sanding the end of the refill is required. Fischer makes their refill with a larger diameter then the normal mini. I've gotten around that with sandpaper.
3. I don't particularly care for the color of their Parker style refills. They aren't as bold as others. However, they too write anywhere and on anything.

One thing I've noticed with a lot of the refills we (I) use is that they don't do so well on thermal paper. Receipt paper at a restaurant. Never a problem with a Fischer refill.

I've got one of the psi credit card pens with Chilean lapis Tru-stone as my EDC with the FSP refill. I don't always have a shirt pocket for a fp or other. I can always have the cc pen in the small pocket of my jeans with my knife.

Last edited:
Top Bottom