First time pen blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bmac

A couple of first time pen blanks that I made. I have bought these in the past but they have become harder and harder to find. The leather one was not hard to make. This is alligator leather that I had some scrap pieces available to use. I used contact cement to glue it to the brass. I just need to find a source of scrap pieces of leather. The football blank is polymer clay that is shaped and molded around the brass. Need to tweak the texture some, not real happy with it. Also, wish the white was whiter.

Bobby
Louisiana

Attachments

• Pen Blanks.jpg
    Pen Blanks.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 189
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Very nice blanks. Living in LA, you should have a good supply of gator hides. I like to football blank. Anyone in the SE Conference will want one!

Herb G

I have all kinds of leather pieces here. Mostly lizard, elephant, stuff like that.
I had some snake skins here somewhere, but they got lost in the shuffle.

bmac

Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated. Yes, you would think that gator hides would be easy to get, but the industry has the business locked up. If you are not in that business, expect to pay more than what it's worth for the scrap size of pieces I would want. I even worked with a guy who did trapping on the side and he finally got out of it because of all the politics and regulations involved.

Herb, if you come across any scrap pieces of alligator, maybe we could work a deal out.

Again, thanks for the comments.

Bobby
Louisiana

Top Bottom