First snow!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

It usually doesn't snow around here until AFTER Xmas, now it's snowing BEFORE Thanksgiving.....must be all that man made global warming!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

I don't want to get into a global warming argument because I don't know. It's times like these that make me feel that if there is a problem maybe it's not quite as bad as they say it is. On the other hand I grew up in South Texas and remember doves and other birds that lived there or migrated there. When I moved to the Dallas area these birds were nowhere around. Now there here just like down south. I can't tell you if it's global warming or they're numbers are growing to the point they are just spredding out to make room and not be overcrouded. After all that I guess if you like the snow great, if not sorry. Ha Ha

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
We've had some extreme weather already - it's been a wild ride of cold, then warm, then finally seasonal, with early snow....

Had snow for over a month now - it's quite thick on the ground (a few feet)...luckily it hasn't been too windy in a while, so not many drifts...

Russianwolf

They actually don't say "global warming" any longer and instead use "climate change". People started assuming it meant that the temps everywhere would rise, which isn't the case. But the general warming causes huge swings in the usual weather patterns. Manmade or natural, debate all you want, but something is definitely changing.

We may be getting some snow this evening

JP61

The seasonal weather patterns, at least around here in NE Ohio have changed some over the years from the norm/average. We've had some very hot summers, very mild winters and some years it seemed we didn't have a spring season at all. Why?.... I'm not sure. Is it part of some bigger solar-cycle and it is normal? I have no idea, but it is strange.

The decades long, continues polluting of our only home with byproducts is probably not a good idea in the long run and will likely have negative effects. Is it changing our weather? I don't know, but I am pretty sure if I were to discard my byproducts on the dinning room table, it too would have a negative effect. :eek:

Deadhead

Here's my take on this. Earth is the only planet that will support life as we know it; so basic logic says better to err on the side of caution. I have lived in S.E. Wisconsin all my life; 20 years ago every Jan/Feb we were guaranteed at least 2 weeks where we were lucky get to 3 deg F for the high temp. That no longer happens.

I believe it was Chief Seattle who said that we don't inherit the lands from our forefathers; we borrow it from our children.

Anyway; I hope all who celebrate Thanksgiving has a happy one.

Kenny Durrant

Not to change the subject BUT Deadhead when I read the quote from Jerry Garcia I was wondering if it was The Jerry Garcia. When I looked at your name I figured it out. There was a state inspector here that looked just like him but I could never get him to sing.

Deadhead

Not to change the subject BUT Deadhead when I read the quote from Jerry Garcia I was wondering if it was The Jerry Garcia. When I looked at your name I figured it out. There was a state inspector here that looked just like him but I could never get him to sing.

Check out the big brain on Kenny! :biggrin:
Just kidding; if you like to hear Jerry sing, I have something you might be REAL interested in. PM me if you are.

ashaw

It was 60 degrees here at 2:00 am now just above freezing. We had flooding in Philly I guess tomorrow morning the expressway will be a skating rink.

Top Bottom