First Show

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Lar

I did my first craft show this weekend. It was a first craft show for a local church. They had a nice group of exhibitors but not a great crowd. Took until after lunch to make my first sale but sold enough to cover booth rent.

My wife helped me set up and left after a couple hours. Decided I could handle the crowd or lack thereof. It was a good experience and took a lot of notes for what to do different the next time.

I have only sold by word of mouth and have pens in stores on commission to date so this was good (cheap) advertising.

Attachments

• Craft Show-adj.jpg
    Craft Show-adj.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 330
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

It's to bad that you didn't have a better turn out Larry, but I've always found it hard to sell anything at spring craft shows. If the weather is nice, it's very hard to get people to come inside for a craft show.
Len

gbpens

A good start but I agree spring is a tough time to sell pens. Look for outdoor shows from May through the end of September and try for "Art" shows.

Old Lar

The nice spring weather was part of the problem here on Saturday. It was a great learning experience though. I am aiming for a big art show in town this fall.

PTsideshow

Looks good, and its great you got some experience at a slower pace rather then being swamped by lookie lou's asking questions and having to try to keep an eye on a bunch of kiddies both of the child and adult variety.
:clown:

Old Lar

Very nice set-up. Easy to see. Nice sign, well placed. Good job. Continue and I guarantee you will sell.

Thanks for the nice words. In a couple former jobs, I did demos and shows. This is my first for me and my products.

weasel1219

Don't let small crowds fool you, in those small crowds could be a sale of a lifetime. I have been to several craft shows and they are all different. A couple of them I have had some clients that bought more than two or three pens at one time. Also make sure you hand out business cards as they are a way of promoting your pens. They may not buy there but some will end up calling on you for a pen or pens. Most important don't give up, it takes time and effort, you have the effort now only the time remains....good luck in future shows...

Old Lar

Thanks for the good wishes on future shows. I handed out a lot of cards and if I sell a pen for each one, it will be a great year.
Also John, I am a long ways from an expert. I may make it though in the next 50 years...

Jgrden

Thanks for the good wishes on future shows. I handed out a lot of cards and if I sell a pen for each one, it will be a great year.
Also John, I am a long ways from an expert. I may make it though in the next 50 years...

Good thoughts and good wishes going our way.

Top Bottom