FIRST PITH OF 2019........LET'S SEE WHAT YOU GOT! - Page 3 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Casual Conversation
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Casual Conversation Off-topic, general chat.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2019, 01:13 PM   #21 (permalink)

Photos: 73

Cliff Wing and I were paired together for this swap. As luck would have it we were also matched up for the NOv 2018 swap. I never posted a picture of that pen so I added it to this picture. The top two pens and the key ring were for the 2019 swap. The top pen is the JR. Harold twist with an alumilite blank cast by Jonathan Blair. The key ring fob is from the same blank. B oth have a very brilliant shine and the fit is spot on. The second pen down is made using a very nice piece of curly walnut with a surperb CA finish. The kit is the mirage. The bottom pen is magnetic graduate made with a whiskey barrel blank from the Garrison Brother's Distillery. The fit and finish on it is also spot on. I now have my first of these 3 pens and I think all three will make a nice addition to my collection and to my list of pens to make in 2019. Thanks Cliff.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Attached Thumbnails
pith-2019.jpg  
www.RedRiverPens.com/articles.htm (pen stuff I've written)
its_virgil is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-19-2019, 02:46 PM   #22 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Hippie and I were paired for this PITH. I received this package at least a week ago but have been quite forgetful to post. Sent my way were two beefy segmented pens and a very cool bent wood dream catcher. The package went through the ringer of the USPS, which caused a bump on the noggin for the dream cathcher. But, it's nothing more than a CA glue and sandpaper repair to be right again.

Thanks Hippie. :)
Attached Thumbnails
20190119_154022.jpg  
Old 01-19-2019, 05:23 PM   #23 (permalink)

Photos: 21

Well I'm late getting his to him but Bobby (bmac) blew me away in this PITH by going the extra mile to personalize the box and pen he sent. On the box he not only put my name but the logo of DiamondCast which I've poured every ounce of "free" time I've had into over the past year. Inside is a pen that I'll treasure always.... Made with a label cast blank from my Facebook profile photo. It's a picture of my son on my shoulders as we were walking through a pumpkin patch. Hopefully he's as happy with my offering as well! (Got some cool blanks but they didn't make the photo, sorry!)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
McKenzie Penworks is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2019, 10:21 PM   #24 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Tim, I am glad you enjoyed the pen and I hope it serves you well for many years. The engravings on the box were done on my CNC machine and I filled the engraving in with coffee grounds and soaked them with CA glue, sanded smooth. If you fold the cover of the box all the way back onto itself, it will serve as a display stand for your pen. I really enjoyed making this PITH for you and it was my pleasure.

Bobby
Louisiana.
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-20-2019, 07:37 AM   #25 (permalink)

Photos: 2

Default pith and usps

I am starting to dislike USPS when you put fragile all over the box and when they get my package it is in bad shape and some things are broke are destroyed even when things are wrapped up this is the second time this has happened to me you know we spend a lot of time on are projects and to ship them only to find out they did not make it and in some cases we sent a lot on shipping you would think that if it is marked fragile they would take better care of that package are am I all wrong in this
sorry for the rant
hippi is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-20-2019, 09:19 AM   #26 (permalink)

Hippi,
It's all good. I've shipped more than 800 kitless fountain pens over the past two years. While it is occasional that a package is roughed up, it has been extremely rare in my experience. And thus far, nothing hasn't been salvageable.

I'll get the dreamcatcher fixed up soon so it's not just catching boken dreams.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:43 AM   #27 (permalink)

Photos: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippi View Post
I am starting to dislike USPS when you put fragile all over the box and when they get my package it is in bad shape and some things are broke are destroyed even when things are wrapped up this is the second time this has happened to me you know we spend a lot of time on are projects and to ship them only to find out they did not make it and in some cases we sent a lot on shipping you would think that if it is marked fragile they would take better care of that package are am I all wrong in this
sorry for the rant
Unfortunately, some of the people involved in delivering packages seem to think that 'Fragile' means "Only Throw Underhand" or "Do Not Throw Over 30 Feet". When I ship, it usually goes in a bubble wrapped box inside a box - and sometimes it still gets banged up.

https://www.facebook.com/thestatepen/
gtriever is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-20-2019, 10:40 AM   #28 (permalink)

There's a truck to this. Never mark a package as fragile. I don't know if postal workers take it as an insult or what but one way to guarantee your package gets banged up is to mark it fragile.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
Wagner11 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-24-2019, 09:38 AM   #29 (permalink)

Photos: 5

Here's the pen and blanks that Scotty Bolling(Scotty) sent me. It's a beautiful Vertex Click and the blanks are some that I've been wanting to try for a while now. Thanks Scotty, you da man!!
Attached Thumbnails
img_0702.jpg  
Old 01-25-2019, 09:50 AM   #30 (permalink)

Photos: 5

Package arrived last night from ghansen4. Very well done pen in olive wood from the Holy Land. Fit and finish on the pen couldn't be better. Several blanks including a cast steampunk one and a beautiful segmented blank. Thanks to ghansen4 and IAP members putting this on, this pen will be my collection for many years.
tomtedesco is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads