First day of summer?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

At least it's a dry heat :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::tongue::tongue:

That's what all the folks in Minnesota tell me when I complain about the heat in Houston - if they only knew... lol

Stay cool!

Last edited:

magpens

Enjoy !!! . It's only going to get hotter !!!!!!

Just look at the 100-year forecast !!

The economy of Arizona is going to feel the pinch when the snow-birds stay home in the winter and you guys flee to northern Canada in the summer !!

PenPal

Last several days here have had temperatures from 108 to 113 and "now" it's the first day of summer? I'm SO thankful for the little AC unit in my shop (even if it can't keep up). The 10-day weather forecast doesn't look very cool either. https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USAZ0247:1:US

How do the dogs survive mate if it does get hotter what does it get up too.

kind regards Peter..

Rolandranch

How do the dogs survive mate if it does get hotter what does it get up too.

kind regards Peter..
We give the bigger dogs water tanks to swim in and plenty of shade. We bring the puppies in when it gets too hot. The horses just have to deal with the heat (we don't usually bring them inside). :biggrin:

Herb G

I was working for Cisco in Phoenix in 1998.
The actual air temp was 122*F. In April.

It was the same temp in Minneapolis in June 1995.

No thanks.
:devil:

MTViper

Give me AZ heat any day over Houston's heat. Was in El Paso last week when it was 106. Humidity was 3% ... ahhhhhh, love that dry heat.

tbroye

In Norther California this is a Summer Heat with temps hitting 111 or so tomorrow possible y higher. When I was kid back in the 50/60''s AC in cars or homes was virtually unheard of but we survived. Now with AC it's much nicer. Soon we will get the Sea Breaze from the San Francisco bay and then the temp drop 30 degrees in a few hours.

leehljp

Member Liaison
At least it's a dry heat :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::tongue::tongue:

That's what all the folks in Minnesota tell me when I complain about the heat in Houston - if they only knew... lol

Stay cool!

"It's a dry heat" . . . So is my oven. :biggrin: Nearly half a lifetime ago, I lived in the New Orleans area for 5 years and we had mid 90s with 100% humidity! Plum awful, but the Cajun food most certainly made up for it!

Seth, I will graciously give you some of our projected rain over the next few days.

Last edited:

Joe S.

Sitting here in Michigan's "Perfect June" weather and being thankful for it.

Stay cool in your little inferno states!

Kenny Durrant

I remember the way things were back in the day and we all survived. I know some things have changed over the years but maybe not as much as myself! I can't handle the cold the heat or several other things like I used to. All I can say to the teenagers here is that if you don't like it now it's probably not going to get any better.

Woodchipper

Heat is heat. I lived in LA for six years and hated the humidity. I have been in Phoenix, AZ and Albuquerque, NM in the summer. My grandson played baseball for the ALB Isotopes. It was 91 degrees at 9 PM at the ball park. NM was hoot as there weren't many trees that offered shade when we went sightseeing. Some places didn't have trees!
To me, it is too hot if I sweat walking the 65 feet to the mailbox.
Seth, sell a few more pens and get a bigger AC.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
My shop is not air conditioned. So I only work out there at night. It's somewhat bearable with fans going. But still humid as all get out. Usually mid July through August I don't step foot in the shop because of the heat.

Rolandranch

"It's a dry heat" . . . So is my oven. :biggrin: Nearly half a lifetime ago, I lived in the New Orleans area for 5 years and we had mid 90s with 100% humidity! Plum awful, but the Cajun food most certainly made up for it!

Seth, I will graciously give you some of our projected rain over the next few days.
I'll take it!

Rolandranch

I remember the way things were back in the day and we all survived. I know some things have changed over the years but maybe not as much as myself! I can't handle the cold the heat or several other things like I used to. All I can say to the teenagers here is that if you don't like it now it's probably not going to get any better.
I'll probably move to Alaska where my mom is from... or maybe that's a little extreme?

Rolandranch

Heat is heat. I lived in LA for six years and hated the humidity. I have been in Phoenix, AZ and Albuquerque, NM in the summer. My grandson played baseball for the ALB Isotopes. It was 91 degrees at 9 PM at the ball park. NM was hoot as there weren't many trees that offered shade when we went sightseeing. Some places didn't have trees!
To me, it is too hot if I sweat walking the 65 feet to the mailbox.
Seth, sell a few more pens and get a bigger AC.

Unfortunately, my mailbox is half a mile away... so I always sweat. It's not the AC that's expensive. It's the power bill at the end of the month.:eek:

My shop is not air conditioned. So I only work out there at night. It's somewhat bearable with fans going. But still humid as all get out. Usually mid July through August I don't step foot in the shop because of the heat.

I wouldn't be out in my shop either if there was no AC. Before the AC, I would often stay up till 3 or 4 am in the shop because it was too hot during the day.

Top Bottom