Fired up the grill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wagner11

The last two days I've been getting brownie points for cooking dinner and I get shop time while I wait.

Let's see what everyone has cooking today.
6bad14994d26b774da7ab1d935d6472d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Yesterday my wife made my favorite soup for dinner, Scotch Broth. Instead of Lamb she used Deer meat and the broth which came from the bones of the same Deer. It was delicious. I can't figure out what I did to warrant such a nice, and tasty, meal. If you hunt or have game meat she got the recipe from a book titled "Buck, Buck, Moose". It has some wonderful recipes in it including the soup and the broth making recipe.

Terredax

Banned
I grilled up apple sausage last night, and made enough to have some today.
The weather looks like it should be nice enough for a couple days, we might go get some bourbon sausage for tomorrow. :biggrin:
I can't wait for the sweet corn to start showing up.

monophoto

This was yesterday about 35 miles from here - - -

At the top of the mountain at Merck Forest in Rupert, VT for their annual Pancake Breakfast with homemade maple syrup - temperature was in the upper twenties, but the wind was blowing pretty hard. 10" of snow on Saturday. Spring is coming - just not yet!

Attachments

• Harwood Barn, Merck Forest.JPG
    Harwood Barn, Merck Forest.JPG
    746.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

jimmyz

Egg

Anyone out there have an Egg or knockoff of one?

I have been looking at a Char Griller Kamoda. Not nearly as expensive

as an Egg, but has been getting some good reviews. Want to use for

grilling and smoking.

MRDucks2

grilling and smoking.

I have been looking at the Primo line-up. Problem is I like the huge one so it still ends up costing too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

BSea

grilling and smoking.
I have an x-tra large Kamado Joe. I had a large Grill Dome, but I gave it to my son so I could get the larger grill. While I like the X-tra large one for larger cooks, the large size is easier to cook on, and is easier to control the temp.

To me there is no comparison between a ceramic cooker, and any other grill I've used. That's not to say there aren't other good grills out there. But I know that what I cook now is better using a ceramic cooker.

Check out The BBQ Brethren.

One thing about ceramic cookers is that the accessories can add up fast. Kinda like owning a lathe. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

gtriever

I've been wanting to try a ceramic, but the price has been too rich for me. My current setup is a 22" Weber Kettle for grilling, an 18" Weber Smokey Mountain for smoking, and a 60" stick burner for big cooks. The best accessory I've ever added is the Maverick ET732 wireless dual temp sensor/alarm, which makes my cooks a lot easier.

Top Bottom