FIRE!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'll agree that it's pretty lumpy to say the least. But, it's actually a pretty cool design. Looks like a sabot round coming out of the end. I'm going to have to try one of those when they get them back in stock.

CREID

Penn State has been teasing everyone with a couple new products coming out, this one and a mini 50 cal. I am not a real fan of the bolt action, although I do have a steampunk I am waiting for the right blank to use with it. But this tank pen is interesting, it will definitely be niche thing, but I think there is a lot of people out there makers and buyers that will think it is cool. It is definitely something different. It's cool to see new stuff, you never know when something will be a big hit.

MTViper

My oldest son is an Army battalion commander and rides around in a tank all day. I sent pictures to him to see what he thought of it. It is an interesting design, but not something I'd carry.

PSI does seem to be pretty innovative, though with their new kits lately.

Skie_M

You just wait till they come out with a pen that uses the shell casing for the .17 cal Hornady Magnum Rimfire ....

(not sure they stock refills that small yet ...)

And that's not a sabot round coming out the front of the tank pen ... that's the muzzle brake.

You just wait till they come out with a pen that uses the shell casing for the .17 cal Hornady Magnum Rimfire ....

(not sure they stock refills that small yet ...)

And that's not a sabot round coming out the front of the tank pen ... that's the muzzle brake.

I realize it's a muzzle brake. Where the refill first meets the spring and then extends through the spring, it looks like the business end of a sabot round. The refill itself is what makes it look as such.

Last edited:

magpens

Guess I'll have to try it !! . Plenty of beef on the barrel ... (0.603 - 0.345)/2 = 0.129" wall thickness ... that has to be the thickest yet ... over 3mm ... now, what to do with it ?

jttheclockman

If no one else is stupid enough to say it, I guess I will.

No tanks, I'll pass on that design.

I am with you buddy. I will not buy any of those gaudy pen kits from PSI. People love all those gun kits and seems they sell so I am guessing these will too. Lock and load as they say. The jet fighter is coming out next month. they have a grenade one on the drawing board. :)

CREID

I am with you buddy. I will not buy any of those gaudy pen kits from PSI. People love all those gun kits and seems they sell so I am guessing these will too. Lock and load as they say. The jet fighter is coming out next month. they have a grenade one on the drawing board. :)

Come on JT, just think of the pen box you could make for a tank pen. Or maybe for a Jet Fighter Pen. Get that scroll saw out and make us a tank box. :)

jttheclockman

Come on JT, just think of the pen box you could make for a tank pen. Or maybe for a Jet Fighter Pen. Get that scroll saw out and make us a tank box. :)

Sorry Curt not this scroller. I am sure someone may do just that. Novelty kits are all these are. Someone is getting paid huge dollars for designing this junk. They are coming fast and furious. That catalog is getting bigger and bigger. These will be on the front cover of the next catalog guaranteed. Who will be the first to post one here and tell us all about it. :):) What do you say Curt. Enter it in the can't write with it contest.

CREID

Sorry Curt not this scroller. I am sure someone may do just that. Novelty kits are all these are. Someone is getting paid huge dollars for designing this junk. They are coming fast and furious. That catalog is getting bigger and bigger. These will be on the front cover of the next catalog guaranteed. Who will be the first to post one here and tell us all about it. :):) What do you say Curt. Enter it in the can't write with it contest.
When you run contests, you are not allowed to enter most of the contests. So I'm off the hook.:biggrin:

jttheclockman

When you run contests, you are not allowed to enter most of the contests. So I'm off the hook.:biggrin:

That is a lame excuse. You are allowed to enter any contest you are not chairing. We know you are not chairing the box contest. Let see it. It does not have to be in a contest. psi might even offer you a contract or steal the idea. Go for it.

adirondak5

I'll bet they will sell . I'll also bet they are a bear to try and write with . Would I want one sitting on my desk ? I would say yes , just for a curiosity , it is unique looking . Is it for everybody ? Most certainly not but that doesn't make it junk . Like anything else , beauty is in the eye of the beholder . I think I'll try one or two and see for myself

CREID

That is a lame excuse. You are allowed to enter any contest you are not chairing. We know you are not chairing the box contest. Let see it. It does not have to be in a contest. psi might even offer you a contract or steal the idea. Go for it.
No, I think we are only allowed to enter a couple of contests. I think trivia and one other.

raar25

I think they have gone over the top with this one. I am in the north east and I doubt I will sell a single one locally.

jttheclockman

No, I think we are only allowed to enter a couple of contests. I think trivia and one other.

Why because you have a backdoor to the contests and afraid to fix the voting??? I would have to look back and see if this is true. Anyway being you brought it up make a box before the contests and post it. I look forward to seeing it.

Top Bottom