Finally Home

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike Powell

Good Morning Fellow penturners

Well, I finally made it home. I got in to Valdosta at 945 last night. Not in bed until after 2 am. Up at 545 to get the boys ready for school. So the wife asked to sleep in a little longer, and what do I do? Sneak out to the garage and get my first ever cast into the mold.

I was going to turn a pen, but one of my boys spilled an entire bottle of Gorillia Glue on my drill press, so needless to say I need more glue (it was probably no good anyway).

So first stops this morning, Sears, Hobby Lobby, and probably Harbor Freight. I have to remember what civilization looks like, well the best I can here in Valdosta....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kovalcik

Glad you are home safe and sound. I hope your re-entry into civilian life goes smoothly. Sounds like your boys will drag you back into it pretty quickly.

Thank you for your service.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Shoot Mike... Takes you a while to get back into the swing of things!!!

Welcome home; thanks for serving, and enjoy your family!

Be well

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Welcome home Mike, Thank You for your service. I'm looking forward to yoyr first pen. I hooe you take time with your family first.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome back Mike! Valdosta is my favorite place to spend a night on the way to Florida. Have yourself a good time in the shop.

Mike Powell

Thanks guys!
I spent all of yesterday with the wife running the streets. There is a new drill press headed to me, and a few other odds and ends bought while figuring this casting stuff out. I screwed up the first one. I measured wrong and had to add more resin to the batch, so what would have been Russet Red, Apple Green, and Micro Pearl, turned out to be a crummy brown with a little green in it. I will still drill it and back paint it, just to see what it will actually turn out as.

I promised the with that while she was off, I wouldn't jump on the lathe, other than to make Mr. Smiths Beta Pen this week while she was here. She thought that was reasonable. So if I get done inprocessing today at a reasonable hour, I will knock a pen or two out before she gets home. I ready to stand behind the lathe again. I hear is calling my name. But 430 in the morning, I think the neighbors would be kind of mad.

Top Bottom