Female Communication? - Page 3 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Casual Conversation
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Casual Conversation Off-topic, general chat.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2018, 09:38 AM   #21 (permalink)

Photos: 2

It was a "no win" situation from the start. I've found it best to answer questions with the least amount of words or none at all and then pretend to choke or run to the bathroom.... "does this make me look fat?" - nope (then run), "do you love me?" yep (its always followed up with -"how much?" then compared to something said years ago, and not in a good way. Never mention anything that has to do with her eating like, "are you going to eat that?" or "do you want more" which apparently translates to calling her fat. And never ever refer to that rare or highly figured piece of wood as being pretty or beautiful. I'm still paying for that one. Good Luck!
JohnU is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-12-2018, 11:01 AM   #22 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Sharon you'd better tell your husband he needs to take special care of you. After a comment like that I can see guys lining up now to take his place. I've been married to the same woman for over 40 years and I wouldn't trade for anything. I not only heard these comments from my wife but All the other women from Mom to in laws and even buddies wives. Although getting back to my original comment I've never heard them say anything like Sharon said. I'm also told that "That's" what keeps life interesting. My wife say's that so I'll just leave it at that.
Kenny Durrant is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

Photos: 21

I had to chuckle a bit at this thread... I'm a (relative to you old farts) fairly young(ish) fella in my 30's (for 3 more years anyways) and with 2 young kids. My wife and I are naturally frazzled which comes with having a 4 year old and a teething 10 month old. We've been married 10 years now and I have spent a few well earned evenings on the couch.

Well this past weekend was a fun stress filled weekend of family engagements that included the baptism of our baby girl, my mother, her mother, and well that's enough for anyone right? I'd left my computer open where I had just received an email from an IAP member that will remain nameless (name rhymes with Craig Shardy) where he was making a joke about my wife not being appreciative of having me rather than being stuck with a grouchy old dinosaur such as himself.

As you can imagine the keywords she saw were: Wife, Ungrateful, Unappreciative.

My son came and got me because he was worried about mommy crying in the shower. THAT one was fun.
McKenzie Penworks is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #24 (permalink)

Photos: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenziedrums View Post
I had to chuckle a bit at this thread... I'm a (relative to you old farts) fairly young(ish) fella in my 30's (for 3 more years anyways) and with 2 young kids. My wife and I are naturally frazzled which comes with having a 4 year old and a teething 10 month old. We've been married 10 years now and I have spent a few well earned evenings on the couch.

Well this past weekend was a fun stress filled weekend of family engagements that included the baptism of our baby girl, my mother, her mother, and well that's enough for anyone right? I'd left my computer open where I had just received an email from an IAP member that will remain nameless (name rhymes with Craig Shardy) where he was making a joke about my wife not being appreciative of having me rather than being stuck with a grouchy old dinosaur such as himself.

As you can imagine the keywords she saw were: Wife, Ungrateful, Unappreciative.

My son came and got me because he was worried about mommy crying in the shower. THAT one was fun.

Let's hope your wife never crosses path with a man whose name rhymes with Craig Shardy!

Penturning - Its basically taxidermy for trees.
D.Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-12-2018, 01:54 PM   #25 (permalink)

My wife said to me the other day, "You didn't hear a word I said, did you?" I was thinking - What a strange way to start a conversation?!?!?!

"WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THEIR GOVERNMENT, THERE IS TYRANNY. WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE, THERE IS LIBERTY." Thomas Jefferson

Self Pity. I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. D. H. Lawrence
Rounder is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-12-2018, 07:55 PM   #26 (permalink)

Photos: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwertz View Post
Best valentine's day present my husband ever got me was a new Steel City drill press with a 6 inch quill travel! Who needs robes!
Cool! I have one, great machine!

Stabilized blanks and more
Gary Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-13-2018, 07:55 AM   #27 (permalink)

Photos: 5

I've been married 46+ years. Just say"Yes Dear" smile and go on about your business.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:32 AM   #28 (permalink)
Member Liaison

Photos: 46

• I heard a great message once that dealt with marriage. The speaker, a seminary president spoke on marriage. One thing he said in the message stood out prominently: "Men, keeping your wife happy is a moving target! What works today (that you were not expecting) does not work tomorrow!"

Quote:
I am tested regularly. It’s the whole “I don’t want you to DO the dishes, I want you to WANT to do the dishes” type thing. (Dehn0045)
My wife's best friend (when we were in overseas) was talking to LOML in my presence some years ago and said those exact words! I shook my head in disbelief, and was so happy that LOML has let me be me.

• I am a studier of personality types. I have the absolutely worst personality type for marriage - in the Myers Briggs, I am an INTP - the logician, strategist, little or no feelings of expression. But my logic has taught me that getting along requires some humble attitudes even when you don't know what you are being humble about! That is the best way to achieve the means to an end even when you don't know what the end IS.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
leehljp is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #29 (permalink)

Be afraid....very afraid
kruzzer is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-13-2018, 01:46 PM   #30 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by More4dan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Beasley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by More4dan View Post
Valentineís Day is this week, dude you just blew it. Maybe even for next year. Good luck with that.

My wife has been literally pressuring me to get equipment for casting blanks completely unsolicited from me. If your scared say youíre scared. Iím scared!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Sounds to me like she wants you to make some pretty blanks just for her. Any chance she would have fun casting blanks? She might turn out to be a good partner in crime penturning!

I made her a Minnie Mouse watch part pen which she loved but wasnít so enamored with cost. Wants me to start making them I believe so she and her friends can have access to many more. Doubtful she will want any part in the fabrication of the blanks nor pens. I also donít encourage it, I do enjoy my brief alone time in the shop.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app
I've learned some painful lessons while being married to the same gal for over 47 years - never, EVER discuss the finances surrounding your hobby!! YES, IGNORANCE IS BLISS!!
MPVic is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads