Feliz Navi...... Kwanza!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Ron,
If I may ask, What are Kwanza Kookies? Please understand I am not trying to offend anyone or start "a thread" I would just like to know.
If you feel it better to e-mail me offline then that would be wonderful.
Thank You,

There are many kwanza kookie recipes. But basicly it is a large batch of sugar cookies that are decorated by group of small children. The idea is to celebrate unity, creativity and working together.

Edit in:
The cookies are cut into the shape of boys and girls, something like gingerbread cookies

Ron Mc

WOW... Look at this thread....3 Ron's in only 6 posts. Lynn, I'm not sure what Ron you are talking to but if it is me then No I don't know.
maybe we should change the name of the thread to "Any Ron's out there?"[:D]

I'm not even close to being an expert on the subject, I'm too italian, but I've read about it. It was created in the mid 60s by Dr. Maulana Karenga (sp).

ldimick

We live very close to Cal State Long Beach where the 'esteemed' Dr. Karenga teaches. He is the least credible professor that my wife has taken in her pursuit of her Masters Degree. In her pursuit of her degree I serve as research assistant, editor and proof reader (we have a 4.00!) This 'intellectual' quotes himself in his texts as a supporting source. His writing is so much double talk and gobbledygook that the only reason he gets read is that he is part of a FORCED CULTURAL DIVERSITY program that teachers are required to take.

He invented the holiday with absolutely no basis for it.

If the cultures that are supposed to be represented by Kwanza had legitimate traditions I would have no problem. But to invent a holiday to unite people under false pretense is more than I can stand.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by ldimick
<br />We live very close to Cal State Long Beach where the 'esteemed' Dr. Karenga teaches. He is the least credible professor that my wife has taken in her pursuit of her Masters Degree. In her pursuit of her degree I serve as research assistant, editor and proof reader (we have a 4.00!) This 'intellectual' quotes himself in his texts as a supporting source. His writing is so much double talk and gobbledygook that the only reason he gets read is that he is part of a FORCED CULTURAL DIVERSITY program that teachers are required to take.

He invented the holiday with absolutely no basis for it.

If the cultures that are supposed to be represented by Kwanza had legitimate traditions I would have no problem. But to invent a holiday to unite people under false pretense is more than I can stand.

Well, now let's eliminate Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day, Valentine Day, and all other "made up" holidays that are on the calendar.

ldimick

Originally posted by wdcav1952

Well, now let's eliminate Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day, Valentine Day, and all other "made up" holidays that are on the calendar.

There is a LARGE difference. Kwanza is an attempt to create a holiday based upon a perceived slight against a race. The three you mention are blind to color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom