Feel good Xmas story

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Xmas has a little more meaning to me, as 2 years ago I was the recipient of a kidney transplant. This was 7 days after Xmas. I still have day to day battles with meds and other things. But about a 1 1/2 ago, my next door neighbor had kidney failure from the same disease as me. Well 3 days ago, he got an amazing Xmas gift, from a random person. It still show's that there are truly angels among us. Here's the story if anyone would like to read it.

http://www.wave3.com/story/16380364/stranger-gives-life-saving-organ-for-christmas

Buzzzz4

Thank you for sharing. Stories like yours and your neighbors are what keep me doing what I do. The long days and nights of being an organ donation coordinator can be a drag, but knowing people like you get a second chance at living make it all worth it. Merry Christmas!

kevrob

Thanks for sharing Ernie. This was a great story.

My father had a transplant around this same time of year, so I can appreciate the story. I can recall it like it was yesterday. We had gone to a healing missionary a church one fall afternoon, I think Mom made us go. I think both Dad and I didn't think much of it. They claimed whatever ailed you would be cured within thirty days. About ten days later we got the call that the transplant we had been waiting for was being flown in. We drove to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics and they prepped him for surgery. He was just about to go in when the transplant team called off the surgery because they didn't like the condition of the kidney that had jus arrived from Denver. Because Dad wasn't yet on dialysis they wanted to wait for a better kidney. He finally got the call and this time it was successful. you could tell the minute he rolled out of surgery that his health had improved. Even minutes after the implant he looked so much better. I remember during the surgery realizing that it was exactly thirty days to the day of that healing missionary at church. It still sends shivers down my spine when I think about it....

Top Bottom