Father did his job

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

I had a '66 Corvette. Now I would have a heck of a time getting in and out of it. I would like to know what she paid for it. In the late 80s, I checked Hemmings and my old Corvette was worth between $40K and 75K, depending on the model, engine, condition, etc.

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice that you had one. So many things to consider when valuating corvettes. Numbers matching etc. I'm certain she paid somewhere in the area with Hemmings pricing. And maybe a bit more with the way that engine sounds. Paint, interior. JMO

Woodchipper

The exhaust tells me that it is a 427 block, single or triple carb. The triple was 427/435 HP. But this one doesn't have the 427 emblem. Pipes could be after market or factory option. Knew a guy who had a 427/435. Total monster on the pavement! Tattled windows when he took off at a traffic light. Never heard him really "get on it." He knew what he had and babied it.

Last edited:
Way back in my single days, from about 1966 to about 1971 I drove corvettes... I had 2 different ones during that time, the first was a '64 with a removable hard top and was touted to run a 327 with a Holley AFB carb and turn 365 HP... it was stolen at the San Fran airport where I was working about 1969... I replaced it with a '65 with a rag top, stock 327 - 300 hp.... kept it til I married and being a good family man, sold it to buy a more family friendly vehicle.... not sure what either would be worth today, but sometimes do regret selling the last one... would be fun to run one now, but probably couldn't afford the insurance.

Top Bottom