Eyeballing Test . . . .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
3.8 for me. Since a kid, I have had very good visual acuity when it comes to measurements, angles, spatial and distances. I used to drive LOML crazy by looking at a room and giving her the measurements within a couple of inches without measuring. Not as good now but I can still spot picture or door skewed a half a degree, a floor not level by one degree etc.

VisExp

3.8 for me. Since a kid, I have had very good visual acuity when it comes to measurements, angles, spatial and distances. I used to drive LOML crazy by looking at a room and giving her the measurements within a couple of inches without measuring. Not as good now but I can still spot picture or door skewed a half a degree, a floor not level by one degree etc.

Glad you're not inspecting my cabinet installs Hank :biggrin:

Daniel

3.46 my first try. rated third out of the last 100 games played. I did notice that it is not really accurate though. On nearly half the tests it marked my selection in a place I did not select. either mouse movement of something to do with the program pixils or some other mystery. also it does not give you complete reference for eying in some cases.

SamThePenMan

Mine was a 10.4, :( though i was using one of those track pads on a notebook computer. I'll have to retry it with a mouse next time. My 3 biggest numbers due to the track pad was 24.7 on triangle center, (other 2 for that were 5.3 and 3.8). The next 2 biggest numbers were 46.5 and 63.6, both on convergence, lowest number for that one was 1.0. Lowest number over all that I got was 0.7 on right angle.

Daniel

What part of the test do you consistantly score the best on? for me it is the right angle. where I score consistently at less than 1 and several 0s . followed by bisecting the angle and convergence of the lines pretty much equally. the rest vary widely.

leehljp

Member Liaison
What part of the test do you consistantly score the best on? for me it is the right angle. where I score consistently at less than 1 and several 0s . followed by bisecting the angle and convergence of the lines pretty much equally. the rest vary widely.

Daniel,

That is a good question. Eye tests by an optometrist will show up distortions in the eyeball which can and will predict where people will be off in their visual acuity.

My problem was the circles, 3 of them if I remember correctly, and all were off at almost the same point each time, giving me a 9s.

I see several of you did 3s or lower. I have run into a few of these folks before, and usually these types of fellows make extremely fine woodworking or are fine artists. While the first run through on the test will more than likely reveal a person naturally gifted, "precise judgement" is often a learned task that comes with experience for most people.

Skye

eyeball.jpg

Top Bottom