Experimental Library Menu

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

I like it, Wayne. Much easier to navigate and select. What happens, though, when one article can fit into more than one category? Do you duplicate the link in each category?

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
I like it, Wayne. Much easier to navigate and select. What happens, though, when one article can fit into more than one category? Do you duplicate the link in each category?

My intention is to place it in the one category that fits best. With its simplicity it will be easy to find.

Your teasers are great!

Wayne,

Most impressive!

This should make it easy to find that guy that makes pinecone blanks, cherry pit blanks, or where did I get that high pressure hose (braid stainless blank) should I forget any of you gentlemen out there.

I'll patiently await the announcement.

Many thanks, Happy New Year!

Charlie

76winger

I've not used much from the library as I'm just not great and searching and finding things I want. So I believe your menu would be a big help for those of us challenged with search functions. Those who can search, I assume can still use that method?

glen r

Wayne, I don't know how much more simple you can make things when there are so many posts involved. The "Keep It Simple Sir" principle always works the best.

Thanks for your hard work.

Have a happy 2013

Glen

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I think that will be a fantastic addition / improvement to the site. Thank You!!

Question; Once you have it up and running where will you position the drop down toolbar menu? For instance, on my screen, when I drop down the 'Pen' menu, the list stretches beyond the bottom of my screen. If I move my mouse to use my scroll bar, then the list dissapears.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I think that will be a fantastic addition / improvement to the site. Thank You!!

Question; Once you have it up and running where will you position the drop down toolbar menu? For instance, on my screen, when I drop down the 'Pen' menu, the list stretches beyond the bottom of my screen. If I move my mouse to use my scroll bar, then the list dissapears.

For anyone having this problem, you can touch "Ctrl" and the Minus sign and the screen type will be reduced. This also will allow you to see more of any menu (although the type is smaller) Once you get to the article you desire, "Ctrl" and the plus sign will restore the type to a size you can more easily read.

Rob73

For anyone having this problem, you can touch "Ctrl" and the Minus sign and the screen type will be reduced. This also will allow you to see more of any menu (although the type is smaller) Once you get to the article you desire, "Ctrl" and the plus sign will restore the type to a size you can more easily read.

Another option is holding control and use your mouse wheel.

BSea

My intention is to place it in the one category that fits best. With its simplicity it will be easy to find.
I use the Library quite often, and sometimes it's a little confusing especially for kitless/custom topics. Some are in techniques, and others are in pens. Not a big deal, but I'm with walshjp17. Some topics really go in more than one place, and it seems that it would make some things a little easier to find it there were multiple reference links.

Having said that, I do want to say thanks for a great resource. I can't tell you how many times I've referred to the library.

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
Library Menu

Added an interesting option. The ability to view a Site Index of the Library. Try it!
Experimental Menu

Attachments

• siteindex.jpg
    siteindex.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Glen Schumann

I agree over all it is an nice improvement. I also agree with those who have pointed out the issue with drop down lists that are too long for the screen. I can deall\ with it one way or another but it would be an improvememt if that was not necessary.

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
What are your thoughts on eliminating the Existing style of viewing articles? I'd like to simplify the upkeep of the library.

Please, comments, criticisms, or just enlighten me.

BSea

What are your thoughts on eliminating the Existing style of viewing articles? I'd like to simplify the upkeep of the library.

Please, comments, criticisms, or just enlighten me.
I think the new method is much better. So I'm in favor of eliminating the current style. You might leave the old library forum option on the forums list but just link to the new method should someone go there. So there won't be several threads of "What Happened To the Library?".

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
This menu is moving along and been received very well by everyone. Thanks for your support.

The New Library Menu Page will be located at a New Location. This is where all the new articles will be added from now on.

The Older Threads will not be maintained with updates anymore. Although the links to the Old Threads will remain in place until the New Library Menu Page is finalized.

Comments?

Last edited:
Top Bottom