Expensive mistake

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

I just ruined my expensive Trimaster carbide bandsaw blade. I was sawing a section of log about 8 inches in diameter and 2 feet long. I had it on a sled, and I cut all the way through and backed it back in front of the blade, and reached over to turn off the saw and the piece I had just cut off overbalanced and tipped over into the blade. Bent it good and broke a tooth off. It was almost two years old, and was beginning to get a bit dull, but still cutting nice and clean. Just ordered a new one...$160...ouch.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

I just ruined my expensive Trimaster carbide bandsaw blade. I was sawing a section of log about 8 inches in diameter and 2 feet long. I had it on a sled, and I cut all the way through and backed it back in front of the blade, and reached over to turn off the saw and the piece I had just cut off overbalanced and tipped over into the blade. Bent it good and broke a tooth off. It was almost two years old, and was beginning to get a bit dull, but still cutting nice and clean. Just ordered a new one...$160...ouch.

They are fixable and you can resharpen them. I am guessing that is a Lennox blade. I use them as well and love them for resawing. I have a couple that I need to resharpen and I also have a couple that I had fixed but evidently they misread some measurement because they are just a tad small and won't fit the wheels. So will need to get those resized someday. :):)

sbwertz

I haven't found anyone who will sharpen the Trimaster. I've had other Lennox blades resharpened, but the Trimaster has that triple chip grind, and I can't find anyone who can sharpen it. Plus the fact that i broke a tooth off, and they can't do anything about that. It doesn't owe me anything. I've had it about two years and use it almost every day to cut up logs for blanks for the center...including desert ironwood. A tree trimmer friend gifted me with an 8' long by 12" diameter ironwood log with a big crotch on one end! Old and dead and ready to turn.

jttheclockman

What they do is cut a section out and weld a piece in. That is the same problem when getting tablesaw blades sharpened. They have to know what they are doing. Probably right time for a new one.

Top Bottom