Ever Taste CA Glue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

:mad-tongue:Yesterday I had the chance to try some thick CA. It all starts way back with one of the first blanks I purchased and every one since of the same wood. I seem to have some kind of mental block with Olive wood and destroy every piece I touch. Yesterdays piece was no different. I proceded to break the BOW top piece while turning.

I say all that to give this warning to people do not make a habit of sticking the cap from CA in your mouth. I was gluing tubes in some BOW and the tube stuck half way in and would not budge. Now if you have a habit of sticking the cap in your mouth it, here is where you mess things up. I tried to push it on in with the cap and when that didn't work I stuck iit in my mouth and proceded to get CA on my tongue(Feels wierd by the way) I then proceded to wipe it off my tongue onto my teeth. This is where the real fun starts. I had glue on top and bottom teeth.

It sets really quick by the way on your teeth. I have been scraping it off my teeth for 2 days. It scrubs off your tongue fast if you drop everything and start scrubbing it with the inside of your shirt.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
hmm...there are days when I would CA my kids mouths shut, maybe even the wife...

Hey babe, here - put this cap in your mouth for a second I want to show you something.

MOtrooper

Reminds me of the movie American Pie 2 where the guy mistakes the superglue for lubricant and ends up gluing himself to... himself :rotfl:

Curly

Science might have to watch your offspring for a definitive answer to Darwin's theories on evolution. v:rolleyes:

How is that CA for filling cavities and such? :tongue:

ZanderPommo

:mad-tongue:Yesterday I had the chance to try some thick CA. It all starts way back with one of the first blanks I purchased and every one since of the same wood. I seem to have some kind of mental block with Olive wood and destroy every piece I touch. Yesterdays piece was no different. I proceded to break the BOW top piece while turning.

I say all that to give this warning to people do not make a habit of sticking the cap from CA in your mouth. I was gluing tubes in some BOW and the tube stuck half way in and would not budge. Now if you have a habit of sticking the cap in your mouth it, here is where you mess things up. I tried to push it on in with the cap and when that didn't work I stuck iit in my mouth and proceded to get CA on my tongue(Feels wierd by the way) I then proceded to wipe it off my tongue onto my teeth. This is where the real fun starts. I had glue on top and bottom teeth.

It sets really quick by the way on your teeth. I have been scraping it off my teeth for 2 days. It scrubs off your tongue fast if you drop everything and start scrubbing it with the inside of your shirt.

:bulgy-eyes:
I just find this statement so funny :biggrin:

Grizz

Banned
I've gotten it on my fingers and 'assumed' it was dry and started to 'bite' it off when... Surprise, surprise... wasn't done drying. :befuddled:

firewhatfire

I post this only for the amusement of others and as a reminder that accidents happen.

Learn this if nothing else from my mistakes.

If you are in a hurry, go do whatever it is that is causing you to hurry and then come back to your penturning so you can stay focused.

Top Bottom